Bundy traded to Angels for Isaac Mattson, Kyle Bradish, Zach Peek, and Kyle Brnovich

MurphDogg

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

But we watched Bundy from the time he was a kid and a high draft pick.  That has to have SOME value. 

Right?  I mean, it's got to translate into his WHIP, FIP, whatever other advanced metric at some point.  

Sure, I guess.  Like we watched Jason Johnson and Calvin Maduro and Rick Krivda come up as Orioles, too.  I liked them... but didn't really get too upset when they left.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Ok. Time to trade Givens. 

I think your right on this one! I think he'd like to move the salary off the books

2 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

I think that would be selling low. Would rather hope for a bounce back half-season and look to trade him at the deadline.

I think Givens value is in a role other than closer. if he stays he will likely be used as the closer. IMO that won't help his value

Just now, Roll Tide said:

@Frobby  What is your thoughts of the value of this deal? I know we got their 21st ranked guy and another that should show be in the top 30 based on blazing up 3 levels this year, plus 2 other guys.

Many here thought Bundy had little or no value

Honestly, I don’t have a very informed opinion.     And, even though I think I’m very objective about Bundy’s ability and place in the baseball world, for various reasons he was a favorite of mine and I really hate to see him go.    I guess you could say I’m lukewarm about the trade but hopeful that 1-2 of the pitchers we got back can be useful major league pieces by the time we’re ready to compete.   

• Upvote 1

The return seems on the low side a bit.  Not a lot, but a bit.  

But it will all hinge on unpredictable factors like player development.  Either way, we will likely be running a lot of pitchers out there this year.   

I wish Dylan well but his career here has been disappointing.  

Just now, Frobby said:

Honestly, I don’t have a very informed opinion.     And, even though I think I’m very objective about Bundy’s ability and place in the baseball world, for various reasons he was a favorite of mine and I really hate to see him go.    I guess you could say I’m lukewarm about the trade but hopeful that 1-2 of the pitchers we got back can be useful major league pieces by the time we’re ready to compete.   

Thanks ....Me thinks we are going to be real bad this season

14 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Brnovich is a Karinchak starter kit. Practically the same pitcher in college.

Peek is the ceiling arm. 

Bradish is the Baumann type, could be a big stuff guy but with a delivery and command that make some think bullpen. 

It's completely a bet that Holt and crew can develop pitchers.