Bundy traded to Angels for Isaac Mattson, Kyle Bradish, Zach Peek, and Kyle Brnovich

MurphDogg

9 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Thanks Frobby

@weams I don't need to post here! I do so because I like it and have found the information, friends, and conversation worth it. I'm not trying tp fight with anyone. But I refuse to eat a lot of crap from a guy that is clearly trolling!   And why is he doing so? Not because I did something to him. For the simple reason that he doesn't share my point of view and or cant convince me to change my mind.

The poster replies to my every post with an insult or complaint about repeating the same information. Then publicly, uses the time out crack as he lobbies for my suspension. In spite of the fact that I had broken no rules, just that he adamantly disagrees with my position. Then follows a post asking for a link from something that was played on the radio (that Frobby provided as back up later). When I inform him of such, he questions my integrity with the disappearing quote crack. I can't see how anyone could possibly blame me for my reaction. My mention of a time out was just mocking his comment to you from a day earlier.

I do my very best to post honestly and don't pull crap out of the sky. I can usually find a reference for the claim I've made such as the Sun articles that I posted the other day.

You and I have been at odds on most points since Monday.I remind myself that we don't always have to agree because it indeed a message board. It's not personal and I certainly hope that you don't take it that way.

No one is getting anyone suspended. I want things to cool down. 

3 hours ago, atomic said:

I just read Last month and half of his Twitter after you posted this.  Seems pretty reasonable points.  He supports a candidate and posts about him.  It isn’t the typical political rants you read from people that gets half the  the readers of it angry.  I never had an issue with his posts on here.  

I liked JTrea but a certain group of posters clashed pretty regularly with him. I don't recall whether he just left or was banned. I know he posts occasionally over on BSL.

I am kind of feeling that way after Villar trade. Truthfully, I don't care about Bundy trade either way.  They can trade Mancini, Givens, Mountcastle and Hays and it won't make any difference to me.  It is kind of like if your girlfriend left you after cheating on you. Now she is with a second guy.  She is gone now what difference does it make who she is sleeping with.  I don't care anymore what the Orioles do.  If they decided to move to Nashville tomorrow it would make zero difference to me.  If they just decided to close up shop fine with me. 

3 hours ago, atomic said:

I don't care anymore what the Orioles do.  If they decided to move to Nashville tomorrow it would make zero difference to me.  If they just decided to close up shop fine with me. 

My god that’s melodramatic. If you really feel that way, why even waste the energy typing that post? Go find something else that you are passionate about. Plant a garden. Learn to snowboard; the winter is almost here. 

I’d sure as hell care if they closed up shop, because I love this team. I still give a damn, and I always will. But apparently you’re done with things, so it may be best if you moved on. Good lord...

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, lovetoaster said:

My god that’s melodramatic. If you really feel that way, why even waste the energy typing that post? Go find something else that you are passionate about. Plant a garden. Learn to snowboard; the winter is almost here. 

I’d sure as hell care if they closed up shop, because I love this team. I still give a damn, and I always will. But apparently you’re done with things, so it may be best if you moved on. Good lord...

He obviously wrote the post to feel self-satisfied.

6 hours ago, atomic said:

I am kind of feeling that way after Villar trade. Truthfully, I don't care about Bundy trade either way.  They can trade Mancini, Givens, Mountcastle and Hays and it won't make any difference to me.  It is kind of like if your girlfriend left you after cheating on you. Now she is with a second guy.  She is gone now what difference does it make who she is sleeping with.  I don't care anymore what the Orioles do.  If they decided to move to Nashville tomorrow it would make zero difference to me.  If they just decided to close up shop fine with me. 

Atomic I totally get your disappointment. I know that losing your favorite current player can be disappointing. For me I had came to terms that ELias was going to trade him an others when he took over. I think you can recall my position of giving him a 2-3 years extension if we couldn't get anything good in return. After his trade I still think that is the better move. Quite frankly, I think they could've extended him for a fraction of the 10.4 per year arb number.

I don't think your are gone! As I mentioned nobody that has spent the time to post 11,000+ posts about this team is going anywhere. Hang in there as I think there is hope we can turn the corner soon.  Also just ignore the comments like the one from @lovetoaster.

3 hours ago, lovetoaster said:

This is the kind of post that tips off conflict. Its a discussion board and @weams ant the other mods have asked that we tone things down.

The guy has 12.000 posts so it should be obvious that he's passionate about the Orioles and just didn't like the move.

• Confused 1

Winter meetings preview by Trezza,

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/news/orioles-focused-on-acquiring-more-prospects

Whom might they trade? RHP Mychal Givens, 1B/OF Trey Mancini and INF Hanser Alberto.

The Orioles will undoubtedly want to gobble up more young talent in any potential deal for Givens or anyone else.

The question is how Givens is valued in the midst of seemingly two opposing forces: his down 2019 season and this winter's shallow free-agent market for relievers. The Yankees, Phillies and others had interested at the Trade Deadline last July; both would seemingly be in the business of bolstering their bullpen again, because who isn't? Any team that targets Givens would likely do so for a setup role, rather than the closer/fireman role Givens struggled in last season.

As for Mancini, he's coming off an excellent year and is growing into the face of the franchise. Still, the Orioles will listen. But they are less likely to trade him at this point unless they are overwhelmed.

"We're not going to alter what we feel are the appropriate levels of return we might seek for any players remaining, especially those who are under longer-term commitments," Elias said. "We will be careful to see the right return if we move anyone else, but there is no guarantee we will be moving anyone else."

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Winter meetings preview by Trezza,

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/news/orioles-focused-on-acquiring-more-prospects

Whom might they trade? RHP Mychal Givens, 1B/OF Trey Mancini and INF Hanser Alberto.

The Orioles will undoubtedly want to gobble up more young talent in any potential deal for Givens or anyone else.

The question is how Givens is valued in the midst of seemingly two opposing forces: his down 2019 season and this winter's shallow free-agent market for relievers. The Yankees, Phillies and others had interested at the Trade Deadline last July; both would seemingly be in the business of bolstering their bullpen again, because who isn't? Any team that targets Givens would likely do so for a setup role, rather than the closer/fireman role Givens struggled in last season.

As for Mancini, he's coming off an excellent year and is growing into the face of the franchise. Still, the Orioles will listen. But they are less likely to trade him at this point unless they are overwhelmed.

"We're not going to alter what we feel are the appropriate levels of return we might seek for any players remaining, especially those who are under longer-term commitments," Elias said. "We will be careful to see the right return if we move anyone else, but there is no guarantee we will be moving anyone else."

I don't think Elias cares about the "Face of the Franchise" and I can't imagine keeping Mancini based on his age, cost (arbitration starting next year), and the fact that we probably wont be ready to compete in 2022/2023 (Age 31/32).