O's claim RHP Marcos Diplan

interloper

8 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

So the Tigers valued 38-39 guys higher than this guy. Wild must be an understatement if he really does have a 60/60 top two pitches.

I've never seen his fastball as a 60. The stuff is pretty good though, I've seen him live a couple times in A+ ball. I always thought he was a little overrated, not much feel to pitch. 

I bet the thought is a release adjustment in an attempt to improve fastball command and velocity. It looks like his fastball is cutting some and that he could pronate a little earlier. Not sure, because the video isn't great, but that'd add velocity and should improve his ability to command the pitch.

He does look like he's lost athleticism from his top prospect days as his body has filled out though. 

7 hours ago, LookinUp said:

So the Tigers valued 38-39 guys higher than this guy. Wild must be an understatement if he really does have a 60/60 top two pitches.

I think the Tigers valued their top pick in the Rule 5 draft, and wanted the flexibility to draft two players. Or at least draft two and then trade on draft day. It’s a good way to pick up int’l slot money. 

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I think the Tigers valued their top pick in the Rule 5 draft, and wanted the flexibility to draft two players. Or at least draft two and then trade on draft day. It’s a good way to pick up int’l slot money. 

They dropped two yesterday to make that room. So I agree. 

4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The only point I'm making is they didn't seem to value him that highly. Seems like a worthy flyer for our player development guys though.