Palmer: Fed up with Cabrera

Moose Milligan

I heard on the radio (AM1300) yesterday that it's rumored Daniel may be suffering from some kind of back injury.

Regardless of whether that's true, what's the upside to not shutting him down for the year? He's got a 6-game suspension, anyway.

And if it is true, what's with players continuing to deny injury while trotting themselves out there bad performance after bad performance? Even if he's not doing additional damage to his body, Daniel is hurting the team and his reputation as a pitcher.

If he finishes the year like this, I wonder if he gets non-tendered.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard some interesting things regarding DCab's work ethic, mainly related to showing up late for games. Lots of things about him showing up around 6:15 for a game. I doubt this is his overall problem severely, but it certainly doesn't work very well when people talk about his work ethic.

Cabrera has had a lot of games this season where he's given up big innings with high pitch counts early, then settled down and pitched into the 6th or longer, with some low pitch count innings. I wonder if this pattern creates more arm stress than an otherwise identical pitch count spread out more evenly across innings. I think Cabrera has been heroic at times with his ability to eat innings and keep the game close after giving up lots of runs early, but perhaps he's been too heroic.

I'm sure this has been reported somewhere, but I haven't seen it in this thread:

I heard on 1300 today that DCab is getting/has gotten an MRI. On what part of his body, I did not catch.

The MRI was on his elbow. And it didn't come up with anything unusual.

Archived