It's kind of sad watching Griffey play CF now...

Frobby

That play in CF was pretty pathetic. Adam Jones would have been standing there waiting for that ball by Castro that knocked in two runs.

I was thinking the same thing, and made an old man crack in the game thread about it. He was playing faaaaaaar too deep, especially for a player like Castro, , that didn't help.

Yaeh....I remember watching Willie Mays stagger around in CF during his final year. One play has stayed in my mind.....Mays running, stumbling....and falling while charging in trying to catch a ball he would have reached easily in his prime. It was truly sad.

Sounds like we're talking about an injured horse that's needs to be put down. He hits his best at DH but Thome already has that locked down.

He can still hack it as an average corner OF. He's just not a CF anymore.

On a similar note, it's sad watching Vlad run around these days. I remember when he came up and there were comparisons to Clemente.

Now he gimps around like an old man. He's not even that old, either, but he sure acts it.

But yeah, seeing Griffey now is sad...a player you'd want to believe that would never get old.

Archived