Maryland at Minnesota

ArtVanDelay

I had a bad feeling about the Ohio State game and was right.  Kind of thought MD had a better chance in this game.  Looks like I was wrong (lots of time left).  I'm not watching by the way, stuck at the library, following the box score.

Guard the three.  If I'm Turgeon I'm making that a priority in every single game from now on.  Teams thrive on that against us.  Pressure your defender and make them drive. 

2 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

We’re such an awful 3 point shooting team

I know.  And it is nonsensical.  These guys have played basketball for years.  Everyone should be able to hit threes now.  This isn't 1970 anymore.  They don't have to be Curry and Thompson, but they should be able to shoot way better than they do.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Minnesota cannot keep this percentage up.  We are not great behind the Arc, but that was ridiculous.   MD will get better (Wiggins awful turnover just now notwithstanding). 

Edit: A 3-point attempt in an air ball for Minnesota.   No way they keep shooting like they were. 

8 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Seriously.  Ayala and Wiggins are the main culprits.  Stix and Cowan have been better, but they aren't exactly sharpshooters either.  Scott will occasionally hit one but that isn't his game.

Ultimately that will be our doom in March sadly.

Just now, Oriole4Life said:

Seriously.  Ayala and Wiggins are the main culprits.  Stix and Cowan have been better, but they aren't exactly sharpshooters either.  Scott will occasionally hit one but that isn't his game.

Ultimately that will be our doom in March sadly.

Bold prediction, especially with us playing so bad this game, but I think we make it to the Elite 8 this year.  I think we get a two or three seed and have a draw which helps us get there.   That and the overall parity in the league this year.