Maryland at Minnesota

ArtVanDelay

1 minute ago, murph said:

Yea, but couldn't every college team say something similar?  But, man that would be a fun team to watch!

Yeah Duke, Kentucky, UNC, etc. could all say something similar.  Just thinking about what could have been.  Huerter and Fernando definitely made the right decisions though.

Minnesota is playing really well, but Maryland is playing awful. Yeah, yeah, tough to win on the road, but games like this is why you can not get excited about this team. This team really is so streaky from 3-points and they can't even hit layups tonight.

Just a typical on the road game by the Terps. Turgeon is not a good enough coach to limit the damage when key players go out like Stix (foul trouble) and his offense is basically tossing up three and hope someone gets hot.

Just now, ArtVanDelay said:

Yeah Duke, Kentucky, UNC, etc. could all say something similar.  Just thinking about what could have been.  Huerter and Fernando definitely made the right decisions though.

Yea, I thought Jackson and Huerter went too soon, boy was I wrong about Huerter. 

It is what it is. I was talking to some guys at work and they say the same things. None of us feel good about this team despite their record this year. Seen way too many times his teams wilt down the stretch because he overplays his starters because he never had any defense.

Oh, and these Big 10 refs should be investigated for bias to the home teams.

1 minute ago, murph said:

Bold prediction, especially with us playing so bad this game, but I think we make it to the Elite 8 this year.  I think we get a two or three seed and have a draw which helps us get there.   That and the overall parity in the league this year. 

God knows I hope you are right.  This team is too Jekyll and Hyde for me to have any confidence in that prediction though.  They have the talent I believe to make that prediction come true.  If Stix and Cowan are playing well, and someone aka Wiggins is hitting shots then absolutely. 

3 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Imagine if Fernando, Huerter and Justin Jackson were on this team.

Out of all the players to leave early, I think Jackson was one of the worst decisions.  He could've upped his stock so much more.  Robert Carter Jr and John Gilchrist too.  There have been a lot.  I realize many players are leaving early nowadays, it still makes me scratch my head though.  I guess they would rather make money overseas than earn a degree and continue improving at basketball.  Every player has a different family situation too.  There is also the risk of injury.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

What an absurd foul call to take an elite player out of the game.

I’m more convinced than ever that Big Ten refs are being told to put as many teams in the tournament as possible.  A win over Maryland probably gets Minnesota a tourney spot for now.

This game has not been called fair no doubt. Ridiculous the amount of tic tac fouls called against the Terps.