This is not baseball. An opinion.

now

4 hours ago, CarrRun49 said:

I've been to many games at Fenway and can't recall a wave, ever.

I have never been to Fenway park so I have no idea what they do.   They probably don't eat sauerkraut with Thanksgiving either in Boston so what do they know? Probably more beach balls in the California stadiums though.  

On 5/20/2020 at 11:06 AM, DrungoHazewood said:

That's fine.  Hate the wave!  My seat will always be a no wave zone.

We initiated the Hangout section as a no wave section. I guess I don't have a problem if people want to have fun by standing up and cheering while other people are standing up in unison, but it won't be done by me, my family, or people in the Hangout section! :D 

I'd also like to add that the drunk guy who tries to get the wave started is almost as annoying as the drunk guy who turns around and tries to get everyone on their feet when they deem cheering necessary.

I don't need anyone to tell me when to cheer or to get excited. I've been watching baseball for about 45 years, I got this.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, InsideCoroner said:

Addressing the topic itself, will baseball under those conditions/restrictions be the same? No. Will I watch it and/or pay to watch it? Hell yes. 

This is where I'm at. Whether I agree with the limitations or not, I will watch and then hope we have a normal year. Some baseball is better than no baseball.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

This is where I'm at. Whether I agree with the limitations or not, I will watch and then hope we have a normal year. Some baseball is better than no baseball.

Really hope minor league baseball comes back as well. That will probably be more interesting for me this year because of the O's struggles. It will definitely take some getting used to seeing no fans, social distancing among players etc. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Really hope minor league baseball comes back as well. That will probably be more interesting for me this year because of the O's struggles. It will definitely take some getting used to seeing no fans, social distancing among players etc. 

I agree. I'd be happy with Florida and Arizona camp games and hope they would find a way to televise them if they won't let fans in. I don't think the minors can play in their stadiums without fans. They don't get the revenue the MLB teams get through TV and radio.

15 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I agree. I'd be happy with Florida and Arizona camp games and hope they would find a way to televise them if they won't let fans in. I don't think the minors can play in their stadiums without fans. They don't get the revenue the MLB teams get through TV and radio.

I agree with you, and look at the lack of growth for the prospect in the minor this season. Not their fault, and yet, they are hammed by not being able to play.

Yet, with that said, at the time, it was the right decision to make.

Hard part, is trying to figure out how to reopen and do things safely.

Mayor of Baltimore said no public events in Baltimore until at least August. Not sure how that impacts the Orioles and even the Ravens.

22 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I agree with you, and look at the lack of growth for the prospect in the minor this season. Not their fault, and yet, they are hammed by not being able to play.

Yet, with that said, at the time, it was the right decision to make.

Hard part, is trying to figure out how to reopen and do things safely.

Mayor of Baltimore said no public events in Baltimore until at least August. Not sure how that impacts the Orioles and even the Ravens.

I think it is no permitted events, I don’t think baseball/football games are permitted but I could be wrong.