60 man roster & taxi squad

bpilktree

To be honest, I would prefer the following line of thought:

This is a wasted season. Let the marginal guys with no future play some. Give them a taste of the Bigs. We’re going to be bad, the season stats will always be ignored, the Series will have an asterisk, if it even happens at all, and there’s no reason to start the service clock on the real guys, even though we don’t really have anyone whom that would really affect.

A lot of these guys are going to be released soon anyway because of minor league contraction and the influx of new guys. Let them have a brief moment to shine.

David Washington got 6 at bats in 2017 and struck out in five of them, but he will never forget them, and giving them to him had no effect on the Oriole season, which was... not successful.

So, them’s my two cents.

My Guess:

1. Alberto 2B (R)
  2. Stewart LF  (L)
  3. Hays CF (R)
  4. Davis 1B (L)
  5. Nunez DH (R)
  6. Santander RF (S)
  7. Severino C (R)
  8. Ruiz 3B   (L)
  9. Ingelsias SS (R)
  10. Martin (R)
  11. Williams   (L) -X
  12. Sisco (L)
  13. Valaika (R) -X

(5) Means (L) Cobb (R) Wojo (R) LaBlanc (L) -X  Milone (L) -X

(12) Harvey (R), Givens (R) Bleier (L) Armstrong (R) Castro (R) Carroll  (L) Scott (L) Velazquez (R) Fry (L) Stewart (R) Sulser( R) Phillips (R)

X - means added to the 40 man roster

To make space on the  40 man

40 is open,  Urias and Wynns DFA'd to the minors, Mancini (moved to the 45 man IL)

10 on the 40 that are optioned

Pitcher  (5) Akin, Hess, Kremer, Lakins, Tate

IF  Velazquez

OF McKenna, Smith, Mullins, Mountcastle

Taxi Squad (18 of the 20)

P - (9) Zimmerman, Kline, Hanhold, Lowther, Wells, Blach, Eshelman, Diplan, Shepherd

C - (3) Holaday. Wynns, Taylor Davis

IF - (4)Urias, Bannon, McCoy, Herrera

OF - (2) Diaz, Wilkerson

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Philip said:

To be honest, I would prefer the following line of thought:

This is a wasted season. Let the marginal guys with no future play some. Give them a taste of the Bigs. We’re going to be bad, the season stats will always be ignored, the Series will have an asterisk, if it even happens at all, and there’s no reason to start the service clock on the real guys, even though we don’t really have anyone whom that would really affect.

A lot of these guys are going to be released soon anyway because of minor league contraction and the influx of new guys. Let them have a brief moment to shine.

David Washington got 6 at bats in 2017 and struck out in five of them, but he will never forget them, and giving them to him had no effect on the Oriole season, which was... not successful.

So, them’s my two cents.

Doesn’t this depend on what the guys who aren’t on the major league roster are doing?

Are guys like Zimmerman and Kremer developing at all if they aren’t getting real innings?

8 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

If they have a 60 game season 40 are going to be against the AL East? 

I don't think I'm looking forward to that.

AL East, or 10-team MLB East?  If the latter I'd be up for that as the new normal.

One of the biggest problems with the usual division-heavy unbalanced schedule is there's only four other teams in your division.  After you've been beaten down by a $200M team for the 15th time you're pretty well done with the idea.  I'd love a schedule where 80% of your games are in your time zone, spread between nine other teams.

• Upvote 1