vs. PHILLIES, 8/13

OFFNY

1 minute ago, Philip said:

I’ve asked this before, with nary a reply:

Why is Hess still here? When Harper hit it, I knew it was gone, and was quite surprised when it only went for a triple. Then my wife wanted to talk to me so I put the game down for a few minutes, and when I came back I saw the’d scored two runs and I said to myself, “David gave up a homerun.”
So why is he still here?

Well, this team has a history of giving failing starting pitchers a lot of leeway to try to get good. Look at Ubaldo, Matusz, hell even Arrieta. The only one in recent memory for whom our patience paid off -- for US, not for another club -- was Chris Tillman. He sucked for years, then finally found something.

3 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

Well, this team has a history of giving failing starting pitchers a lot of leeway to try to get good. Look at Ubaldo, Matusz, hell even Arrieta. The only one in recent memory for whom our patience paid off -- for US, not for another club -- was Chris Tillman. He sucked for years, then finally found something.

They sure gave Mike Wright a Long leash, but Ubaldo doesn’t count, he got 55 million to BE good, not to develop his potential.

But Hess has been consistently terrible, and that’s not hyperbole.

1 minute ago, Philip said:

They sure gave Mike Wright a Long leash, but Ubaldo doesn’t count, he got 55 million to BE good, not to develop his potential.

But Hess has been consistently terrible, and that’s not hyperbole.

When you're a terrible club, you have the luxury of letting terrible pitchers be terrible.

Dare I say that window is closing....?