Orioles Play Two Vs. Yankees 9/4

weams

Just now, Philip said:

I was watching on TV, but the picture was very blurry so I’m unclear what happened. It looks like Eshelman was trying to get the ball and he slipped. Why is the error on Nunez?

and again, why is Eshelman pitching instead of anybody else?

The ball hit off Nunez glove, Eshelman tried to make Athletic play and dive after it. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Philip said:

I was watching on TV, but the picture was very blurry so I’m unclear what happened. It looks like Eshelman was trying to get the ball and he slipped. Why is the error on Nunez?

Double-header. Cobb to the IL. 3.48 ERA coming into the game. Has shown 3x he can pitch good number of innings without much advance notice.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

The ball was hard hit to Nunez, bounced forward off his glove to the point where Eshelman dove and tried to avoid the runner, pick it up, and make what would have been a miraculous play 

It happened so fast I had to rewind and run the play in slow-mo to see what had happened.

10 minutes ago, Philip said:

Who would you have subbed for Cobb hours before the game when he had to go on the IL?

4 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Hopefully Eshelman is headed to the alternate site.  No reason a rebuilding club like the O's should be giving starts to pitchers like Eshelman.  I can understand why you don't want to promote a top prospect like GrayRod, but it would be nice to see one of the many lesser regarded prospects at Bowie.

He had a 3.48 ERA coming in and if Nunez and Albert had made plays it would probably still be 1-1 now.   And the walks we're not characteristic, he had only walked 3 guys all year.

If they were belting his 86 mph fb all over the park for extra base hits, I'd agree with you.

If you haven't figured it out yet, Elias is going to bring up young players on whatever timetable he has for those players, and what is happening at the MLB level won't affect that.  We might not like it but it's obviously true.

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

I do wonder if the walks this inning was from trying to be to fine. His stuff isn’t exactly overpowering. 

Very possible.  But it hasn't been a season long problem.  His 1.3 BB/9 coming into the game was the lowest of anyone currently on the team except for Holaday.