Terps vs. UVA: Game thread

OregonBird

He isn't the one who can't tackle. Or the one who doesn't cover...or the one who calls shovel passes to fat, slow guys on 3rd and long...or the one who runs straight up the middle with no blocking on 1st and 2nd down.
And any of those things excuse him for not playing well against inferior opponents?

I like Turner, and he's clearly got a lot of ability, but he's gotta start showing that he can be the same guy every week and not have clunkers when he isn't interested in playing.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And any of those things excuse him for not playing well against inferior opponents?

I like Turner, and he's clearly got a lot of ability, but he's gotta start showing that he can be the same guy every week and not have clunkers when he isn't interested in playing.

No, you have a point. But IMO, it's a coaching thing. Any team can get up for a big time opponent. But the entire team seems disinterested in inferior opponents. I blame coaching for not being able to motivate.

Last time MD played at UVA they trailed 20-0 at halftime and ended up winning 28-26. So its not impossible to turn this around in the 2nd half.

This would be an awful loss if they can't pull out a miracle.

After watching the FSU/Miami game, anything is possible.

It's just bad coaching, plain and simple. You can go all the way back to the Northern Illinois game a few years ago. Great coaches ensure their kids win the games they're supposed to win by getting them ready AND putting them in position to succeed. Fridge hasn't done that in a long time. They've got a bad habit of playing down to the competition.

3 TDs down at the half isn't impossible but with this offense, I'm pessimistic. You're also assuming the defense pitches a shutout in the 2nd half and Cosh's track record says otherwise (last week aside).

Archived