Terps vs. UVA: Game thread

OregonBird

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A little sign of life with a nice defensive stand. Lets get 6 on this drive.

You're still watching? I've found that there are games on other channels with real teams playing...you should try those. They have players who tackle and look like they actually care.;)

Can they actually find some other way to use Portis than bringing him in at QB? It's obviously a run when that happens. If he can't learn the offense or read defenses, the kid into a receiver or a defensive back or something.

If this is Franklin's vaunted "West Coast offense", send it back to K-state please. Bring in the spread.

You mean they put Portis in and called a run? I can't believe it didn't catch the other team by surprise!:rolleyes:

Someone needs to seriously call Friedgen out on that. If you aren't going to even use Portis as a dual threat, just don't even bother. I'd rather see direct snaps to Scott or Megget.

I wonder if there is some blame to go directly to Turner for his poor performances in seemingly easy games. He's played outstanding his entire career against the best teams, but has really struggled against mediocre teams. He's also got a reputation for not being a good practice player. Maybe he just completely lacks focus when we're not playing a top opponent.

I wonder if there is some blame to go directly to Turner for his poor performances in seemingly easy games. He's played outstanding his entire career against the best teams, but has really struggled against mediocre teams. He's also got a reputation for not being a good practice player. Maybe he just completely lacks focus when we're not playing a top opponent.

He isn't the one who can't tackle. Or the one who doesn't cover...or the one who calls shovel passes to fat, slow guys on 3rd and long...or the one who runs straight up the middle with no blocking on 1st and 2nd down.

Archived