Where do our SS prospects start next year?

ChuckS

12 hours ago, ChuckS said:

I see a rotation between SS-3B-2B for all of these prospects.  No need to pigeon hole a potential SS into 3B or 2B so early in their development before seeing what they can actually do on the field.  Some of these guys will end up being utility players at the ML level where they need to play multiple positions anyway. 

A+ and A- will likely be very crowded to start the year until things settle and we start seeing some promotions.  

To some degree, perhaps that is good. But moving around a lot is not good for the overall proficiency of a player at their projected position. They may take some time to do this in the first half of the season, and then settle into their semi-permanent positions in the second half.

At the end of the year, my guess is that we’ll probably see a definitive number of games played at positions indicative of their future roles. 

• 5 months later...
2 minutes ago, UMDTerrapins said:

Delmarva sporting four shortstops: Henderson, Westburg, Hernaiz, Servideo. I didn’t see it shaking out like that. 

It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out, for sure. They've spoken of these guys being versatile and moving around some. I think that stunts their progression to an extent. Still think Westburg slides over to 3B a lot and becomes our 3B of the future. Henderson is the most interesting for me as he looks athletic enough to actually stick at SS. He shows me energy and bounce with enough twitch and hands to stick, for now anyway. We'll see. Hernaiz may not be there when the rookie leagues begin either.