Did the O's just sign their backup catcher of the future?

wildcard

1 hour ago, Jammer7 said:

@Frobby Does Sisco have trouble with a particular pitch in the zone? To me, his bat looks a little slow, especially with the inside fastball. 

I’ve never thought his bat looks slow. It looks like he whips it through the zone imo. Perhaps this could create holes in his swing, but I don’t think it’s ever appeared to me that he was particularly slow with the bat. 

11 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

That was 2020 only so not a large sample size.

I don’t know what to make of that chart.    It doesn’t tell you how many pitches were in each zone, and it appears to include all the pitches where Sisco didn’t swing.   

Per baseballsavant.com, Sisco did OK vs. fastballs (.324 wOBA) and well against breaking balls (.410), but poorly against offspeed pitches (.230).  https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/chance-sisco-642082?stats=statcast-r-hitting-mlb

• Thanks 1

On 12/26/2020 at 9:58 PM, BohKnowsBmore said:

I’ve never thought his bat looks slow. It looks like he whips it through the zone imo. Perhaps this could create holes in his swing, but I don’t think it’s ever appeared to me that he was particularly slow with the bat. 

Maybe it isn’t necessarily slow. It looks that way to me, but that could be his decision process and/or pitch recognition.