Richie Martin broke a bone in his left wrist

wildcard

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

The Galvis signing makes more sense knowing this.

Roch quoted Elias from a zoom call saying that they already had an agreement with Galvis before the injury. Said it had nothing to do with it. 

He also said Martin may miss some Spring, but it would not affect his start of the regular season. 

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/27/2021 at 5:13 PM, Jammer7 said:

Roch quoted Elias from a zoom call saying that they already had an agreement with Galvis before the injury. Said it had nothing to do with it. 

He also said Martin may miss some Spring, but it would not affect his start of the regular season. 

That's a relief - as long as it doesn't sap his power...  

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

That's a relief - as long as it doesn't sap his power...  

There is usually some adjustment there, initially. I remember Nick Markakis had that surgery and he came back with less power initially. It got better, but I am not sure he was the same ever again. Others have had a complete recovery, however. 

58 minutes ago, Jammer7 said:

There is usually some adjustment there, initially. I remember Nick Markakis had that surgery and he came back with less power initially. It got better, but I am not sure he was the same ever again. Others have had a complete recovery, however. 

Gotta get that slugging percentage back over .320.  ;)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Yossarian said:

So this pretty much guarantees Valaika a spot on the opening day roster?

Is there that much overlap in their Venn diagrams?  Martin's reason for existence is that he's theoretically going to become a pretty good defensive shortstop.  I don't know that anyone really wants Valaika to be anything but a backup to the backup shortstop.