Padres lock up Tatis for 14 years

SteveA

24 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

How in the world can a small market like San Diego afford such a contract? I was told it was "impossible" for a team with FAR more resources. 

You really are a one-note Charlie.   Why do you say the Orioles have far more resources?    Per Forbes, the Padres had about $43 mm more in revenues than the Orioles did in 2019.    Their principal owner, Peter Seidler, founded a private equity firm that is valued at $3 bb.   

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

You really are a one-note Charlie.   Why do you say the Orioles have far more resources?    Per Forbes, the Padres had about $43 mm more in revenues than the Orioles did in 2019.    Their principal owner, Peter Seidler, founded a private equity firm that is valued at $3 bb.   

Tell me about the Padres regional sports network that brings in tons of cash every year. Well they own 20% of a tiny market, I'm sure they are at least breaking even. Oh and I know the Angelos family definitely is poor and not billionaire status. I'm a one note charlie who has proven to be right about every single thing I have said about this ownership over the past 15 years.