Looks like the Red Sox will be in play for Teixeira

nadecir

It really doesn't impact things that much. It was assumed the Yanks were in on Tex, but all the reports in the last week are saying that they aren't, so BOS jumping in really just replaces them in the running, and BOS doesn't NEED him, he is a luxury, so do you think they would pay that much for a luxury? I'm sure part of it is Boras getting them to say they are in it to scare other teams into driving up the price, as he is notorious for. What is a team going to do? Go against him and then get blackballed like the O's were for years?

ANA is still our top competition, as they need him much more than BOS does, especially after giving up Kotchman (you could make the case for Morales, but I don't think they are sold on him).

Why do you think he's a luxury for BOS? Seems to me he'd fit a big need for them... Manny is gone... Ortiz had an off-year and with his age it very well could be the begining of a big decline. Lowell is hurt... Seems to me Teix's bat is a big need for the Sox. I'm still not convinced the Yankees will sit out the Teix sweepstakes either. Cashman has said he wants a real 1b... With their resources, giving up young talent for Fielder doesn't make sense when they can buy Teix. I have a feeling we're going to see BOS and NY hot and heavy for the same FA and it is going to send Teix's salary into the stratosphere... Well beyond the point where he'll be able to put up numbers that come anywhere close to justifying his salary.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Tex signed with the Red Sox, I would hate Tex because he signed with the Red Sox. I would say that he made a smart move going to a proven winner, but I would hate him none the less. My hope is that Boston is going after him because the Yankees are interested in him, but with the question mark that Lowell is, I can see the Red Sox having a genuine interest in him.

I do like how AM is keeping everything tightlipped concerning FA. It's obvious that the Orioles want Tex though.

Archived