At YANKEES (pattooie!) 4-5-21

Philip

2 minutes ago, LocoChris said:

Wouldn't have minded leaving him out there and have him work out of the jam himself. Young pitchers need to face some adversity and need to learn to get out of tough situations. 

Agreed. Lopez wasn’t getting hit. Walk to judge is fine.

Is this the place I come to complain about Hyde? As soon as an exciting young manager becomes available, he should be gone. There’s nothing impressive about him. He’s just a poor decision maker and not inspiring. 

He’s fine if we’re just taking a beating, but we should be seeking a replacement for the new cavalry 

1 minute ago, waroriole said:

Is this the place I come to complain about Hyde? As soon as an exciting young manager becomes available, he should be gone. There’s nothing impressive about him. He’s just a poor decision maker and not inspiring. 

He’s fine if we’re just taking a beating, but we should be seeking a replacement for the new cavalry 

I think the general MO of a full tear and rebuild involves changing the manager when the team is supposed to be competitive.

Some young guy like Tony La Russa gets the nod once the build is complete.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Lol Hyde. Bring a guy in who's been on paternity leave and hasn't pitched in a week to the heart of the order with bases loaded. Genius!

I guess he figured Armstrong was well rested.

I like Hyde, but I've been saying since around mid-2019 that he doesn't seem to be a good in-game strategist, but it's hard to tell because, I assume, he has objectives in addition to trying to win games. 

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

I guess he figured Armstrong was well rested.

I like Hyde, but I've been saying since around mid-2019 that he doesn't seem to be a good in-game strategist, but it's hard to tell because, I assume, he has objectives in addition to trying to win games. 

What objective tells him to pitch Armstrong in that situation? I get that he doesn’t think we will win the game but you have to pitch your best available RP there. 

1 minute ago, waroriole said:

lol what cavalry? Pisses me off, Lopez was pitching pretty well and then gives up a cheap-ass 320 ft. fly-ball homer and then starts nibbling.