April 29: Series finale vs Yankees

SteveA

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

And that is with Mullins leading the league in hits. That just tells you how bad the rest of the team has been.

Especially early on in games when starters are in.  The games we have scored some runs it seems like they come in later innings.  The starters are getting no support when they are in.

1 minute ago, bpilktree said:

Especially early on in games when starters are in.  The games we have scored some runs it seems like they come in later innings.  The starters are getting no support when they are in.

Means' shutout. That hurt.

15 minutes ago, O's84 said:

This not a good team and you will see this a lot year.

I expected this offense to be a lot better than it's been so far, even if inconsistent and hapless against real good pitchers. The Orioles and Tigers have by far the worst offenses in the AL.

And it's worse than even the team totals would imply, in that the guys who might be around longer-term aren't contributing much other than Bumbry, I mean Mullins, and maybe Trey if you want to include him.

Just now, spiritof66 said:

I expected this offense to be a lot better than it's been so far, even if inconsistent and hapless against real good pitchers. The Orioles and Tigers have by far the worst offenses in the AL.

And it's worse than even the team totals would imply, in that the guys who might be around longer-term aren't contributing much other than Bumbry, I mean Mullins, and maybe Trey if you want to include him.

It has been.  But let's get to the half way mark before making any verdict.

1 minute ago, Philip said:

I HATE it when the announcers laud a reliever for “no earned runs” and ignore the runs he allowed that were charged to the previous pitcher.

Plutko came in in a pretty bad situation.   The fact that he gave up a 2 out base hit and allowed a couple of Lopez's runs to score shouldn't tarnish a very good relief outing too much.