May 4: Orioles try again to reach .500, in Seattle

SteveA

2 minutes ago, GuidoSarducci said:

So what’s the penalty for pulling a pitcher early before he’s faced three batters ?

There is none. “MLB will look into the reasons behind it,” is how it goes. Apparently the main argument was along the lines of “if a pitcher gets hit by a line drive to his leg and has to come out, or gets cramps, that’s not an IL worthy injury and he could be back the next night!” 

On 5/1/2021 at 2:15 PM, LocoChris said:

Boone was told by the umpires that he had run out of time to challenge and that's why he lost his mind and got heaved.

6 hours ago, Philip said:

I had to be away for a while, but before I left I was complaining that Lopez shouldn’t see the order third time and should be taken out if his pitch count got to the danger zone area, whatever that is. It seems from what people have said here that once again Hyde left him in too long, but Plutko bailed him out.

I am OK with starting the 5th. In this case he got the leadoff batter and had two outs before  he got his second baserunner. Getting the leadoff guy is huge. I have no problem with asking the bullpen to get one big out.