Michael Baumann 2021

Just Regular

6 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I honestly don't think he's right yet. I know he's getting older, I'd rather we focus on getting him healthy and hopefully pitching to his potential. I don't feel like going to the majors this year accomplishes anything but more stress on his arm.

Maybe if he goes to the bullpen for an inning or two, but I don't want him starting in the majors, tbh. 

If something is wrong with him, then they should shut him down.

Otherwise, I don’t see any harm in him being up here.

0 walks is great to see.  Seems like some starts his control is way off.  The physical issues from last summer, the report here and from Tony that the velocity is down a tick or 2 or 3, lead me to believe that he's not 100% but this is what he is now.  It could just be inconsistent mechanics or it could be an issue that's causing that.  He had forearm/elbow issues.  Ponson and Tanaka, IIRC, had partial tears of the UCL, but continued pitching and never required surgery. Not saying that's the case but the thought is in my head.

It should be both.

Means, Harvey, Akin, Baumann, Wells....We don't need to see Watkins anymore.  He's not good.  Ellis doesn't need to keep starting either.  If you want to see Ellis more than Harvey, thats fine but I am good with Harvey getting some more time out of courtesy to a vet player and just to save innings on the younger arms.

9 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

So is Baumann up?  He was just getting into a rhythm. I wish we would’ve let him make a few more starts in AAA. 

Just getting into a rhythm?   He’s been pretty money since the beginning of July.    10 starts (6 at Norfolk), 2.02 ERA, 0.98 WHIP, 9.55 K/9.   I’d say it’s a fine time to see what he can do.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, LookinUp said:

Good for him. As I said, I wouldn't want to work him too much in the majors, but he definitely gives me a reason to watch.

The O's are going to screw up this #1 pick I think.

Yeah, they've been semi-competent for the last week...and there are far to many terrible teams out there for that