All Aboard the Johnny Rizer Hype Train

Babkins

On 6/9/2021 at 1:38 PM, Tony-OH said:

My thoughts from the Power rankings thread:

Defensively he looks like a good defensive outfielder though his arm looks to be below average. I haven't seen him misjudged anything on the plays I've seen from him and the fact they've been giving him looks in CF tells me he must get decent jumps and takes decent routes. 

He doesn't walk, and can still get fooled by offspeed pitches on occasion, but the kid can hit the fastball all over the field. He'll pull pitches, goes the other way well, and just has real good professional ABs. 

He's certainly continued to open some eyes so although i think he may be limited to a 4th outfielders role at this point, he keeps overachieving so I don't want to put a hard limit on his ceiling.

Rizer's catch after hurdling fence steeplechase style is pretty cool!  @Frobby

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2021 at 1:38 PM, Tony-OH said:

My thoughts from the Power rankings thread:

Defensively he looks like a good defensive outfielder though his arm looks to be below average. I haven't seen him misjudged anything on the plays I've seen from him and the fact they've been giving him looks in CF tells me he must get decent jumps and takes decent routes. 

He doesn't walk, and can still get fooled by offspeed pitches on occasion, but the kid can hit the fastball all over the field. He'll pull pitches, goes the other way well, and just has real good professional ABs. 

He's certainly continued to open some eyes so although i think he may be limited to a 4th outfielders role at this point, he keeps overachieving so I don't want to put a hard limit on his ceiling.

Since this comment, Rizer has struggled in AA slashing .199/.265/.318/.583 over his last 166 PAs. He does have a .259 BAbip so he run into some bad luck, but he's just not hitting the ball as consistently as he was.