Wednesday June 16 in Cleveland: and the beat goes on

SteveA

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

In all seriousness he does deserve some credit. That bad inning could have finished him off for the night.  

I missed most of that inning.   Had been following on Gameday at work.   Ended my work day at the start of that inning, and I was the last one in the office so I had to lock everything up and take the key back to the building key repository machine before going out to my car, and all the runs had scored by the time I got to the car and turned on the radio.

So I didn't see the inning, but I gather from here that there was at least one really bad defensive play, maybe more than one?   Was Akin hit really hard in the inning as well?

Just now, Beysbol said:

Wasn't Hunter Harvey supposed to be a starter? I know he's had Tommy John, but can't he still start? I'm just confused...

He had all kinds of injuries and was pretty much converted to a reliever in the minors by 2019.   They figured it was the best way to get him to the majors and attempt to keep him healthy.   And he has good closer genes.

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I missed most of that inning.   Had been following on Gameday at work.   Ended my work day at the start of that inning, and I was the last one in the office so I had to lock everything up and take the key back to the building key repository machine before going out to my car, and all the runs had scored by the time I got to the car and turned on the radio.

So I didn't see the inning, but I gather from here that there was at least one really bad defensive play, maybe more than one?   Was Akin hit really hard in the inning as well?

Two bad plays and yes he was hit hard.