Moves I would like to see between now and July 31

Sports Guy

1 hour ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Strongly Meh on this idea.  What is the best case scenario of this trade? Arcia hits well and the Orioles can't afford him or won't pay him in two years.

Lol, only a jaded O's fan would think that way.  It should NEVER... be considered a problem if a player does well for you.  

2 hours ago, Ruzious said:

One of the better defensive SS's in baseball is playing in AAA and OPSing over .900 with 11 homers.  Seem like Orlando Arcia - still just 26 - with plenty of ML experience - would be a good target for Baltimore - might be able to get him even up for Mancini.  Can't be a free agent till 2023 - same as Mancini, but Trey is 3 years older.  Atlanta is desperate for a middle of the lineup hitter.    

Does anyone really think Trey is an outfielder?  

2 hours ago, Ruzious said:

One of the better defensive SS's in baseball is playing in AAA and OPSing over .900 with 11 homers.  Seem like Orlando Arcia - still just 26 - with plenty of ML experience - would be a good target for Baltimore - might be able to get him even up for Mancini.  Can't be a free agent till 2023 - same as Mancini, but Trey is 3 years older.  Atlanta is desperate for a middle of the lineup hitter.    

Paul Fry is a more likely target for ATL. They could add someone with Arcia.

3 hours ago, Ruzious said:

That would be a terrible trade for the Os.

24 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

That would be a terrible trade for the Os.

I think the Brewers are far more likely as you've said but not sure I'd want Hiura back. Ethan Small plus should be a starting point.

3 hours ago, Ruzious said:

Lol, only a jaded O's fan would think that way.  It should NEVER... be considered a problem if a player does well for you.  

Not really. The proposal is trading a good player and tradeable asset for a guy who hasn't really shown he can be a major leaguer.  Straight up.  With the same control.

Not a good trade.

11 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Not really. The proposal is trading a good player and tradeable asset for a guy who hasn't really shown he can be a major leaguer.  Straight up.  With the same control.

Not a good trade.

If you want Arcia, it probably doesn’t take much to acquire him.  

47 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I think he has a decent amount and certainly a lot more than a failed prospect who happens to be having a good year in AAA at age 26.

He's a proven top defensive SS who's hit 15 homers twice in the majors and may have seen the light offensively.  He's certainly a better bet to be a quality major league starter than Leyba - a guy you were screaming for the O's to give a chance.  

If we're honest, we admit Trey has very little trade value.  Right?  

1 hour ago, Ruzious said:

Do you really think Trey has much trade value?

Take a look at the bottom of page 3 thread "Connolly trade thoughts" and see what some former GM's say about his trade value. 

I tend to think he'll bring 2 top 10's plus another piece. 

I think there are two factors on whether Trey is traded at the deadline:

1. The return

2. Can he be extended for 2 years plus an option?   If so they keep him.   If he requires 3-5 years then he is more likely traded either at the deadline or over the winter.

For me its not a question of whether Trey is traded but rather when.   Is it this year or next or two years from now.  A  2 year contract with an option kicks he can down the road a little.

29 minutes ago, 7Mo said:

Take a look at the bottom of page 3 thread "Connolly trade thoughts" and see what some former GM's say about his trade value. 

I tend to think he'll bring 2 top 10's plus another piece. 

There is absolutely zero chance that happens.  

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I think there are two factors on whether Trey is traded at the deadline:

1. The return

2. Can he be extended for 2 years plus an option?   If so they keep him.   If he requires 3-5 years then he is more likely traded either at the deadline or over the winter.

For me its not a question of whether Trey is traded but rather when.   Is it this year or next or two years from now.  A  2 year contract with an option kicks he can down the road a little.

I dislike extensions in general but Trey is not a candidate for an extension under any circumstance. 
Trade him now or at peak value. But trade him.