Thursday June 24: Orioles begin 3 time zone road trip in Buffalo

SteveA

Just now, Yossarian said:

Boston Celtics.

He may have been one of the most decorated high school athletes ever.  All American in Football, Baseball, and Basketball and a scratch golfer in high school.

Thanks for the question, that takes me back. I remember that he had a career average of maybe .210 or something like that, but he was really popular.

Do you still own the rights of that guy who plays basketball for the Portland trailblazers? Can’t remember his name not even sure we still want him.

10 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

No on Barfield and Fernandez.

I don't think I'll get another guess so I'll spare you the suspense.

Danny Ainge hit one at 20 years 77 days old when he played for them.

I actually thought of him but then I said probably not because I thought he played baseball after college.  But maybe he played baseball while IN college in the summers?  And played hoops for BYU in the winter???

7 minutes ago, Philip said:

Thanks for the question, that takes me back. I remember that he had a career average of maybe .210 or something like that, but he was really popular.

Do you still own the rights of that guy who plays basketball for the Portland trailblazers? Can’t remember his name not even sure we still want him.

Pat Connaughton.  Now with the Milwaukee Bucks and he helped them with a big game in Game 7 of their last playoff series and now the Bucks are in the conference finals.

I think we still own his rights if he ever wants to play baseball.

4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I actually thought of him but then I said probably not because I thought he played baseball after college.  But maybe he played baseball while IN college in the summers?  And played hoops for BYU in the winter???

I think that is right - he was playing baseball while still in college.

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Pat Connaughton.  Now with the Milwaukee Bucks and he helped them with a big game in Game 7 of their last playoff series and now the Bucks are in the conference finals.

I think we still own his rights if he ever wants to play baseball.

Funny you mention him - I just saw that some guy from Tennessee recorded the highest vertical jump at the NBA combine this week.  They had a list of the highest and number 5 on that list (of highest vertical leap) is Pat Connaugton.