Fri July 16: Kansas City here we come

SteveA

5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I'm not going to make it 9 innings with the sound up.  Kevin Brown's shtick is starting to get on my nerves.

Jon Miller and Joe Angel used to make a blowout loss funny with some of the silly stuff they would talk about.  Brown just annoys me.

Or perhaps I am just older and more curmudgeonly now.  Maybe it's me.

No, you are correct. The Oriole broadcasting crew is as bad as the team and almost as embarrassing 

15 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Did they consider the options and decide that Akin was the best available starter tonight? Or is Akin just in the rotation to stay, until he gets hurt or quits or spontaneously combusts or is convicted of a major felony or his ERA hits 10.00 or something?

It sure looks like once a decision on this team gets made, it's not likely to be changed. Seems like they're too busy to make changes that might improve a team that's last in the league in both offense and defense.

I really wish I knew why they do what they do. The way they've treated Lowther while giving Akin every opportunity in the world tells me they care more about analytics then actual minor league success.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

I really wish I knew why they do what they do. The way they've treated Lowther while giving Akin every opportunity in the world tells me they care more about analytics then actual minor league success.

This may be nonsense but at least Akin had a full year of AAA ball. Perhaps they felt it was time for his chance to see him swim or sink. 

Just now, SteveA said:

Ok, we've stopped the bleeding.  Let's start chipping away, a little each inning.  This is the second worst baseball team we've played all year and we are undefeated against the worst.

And Duffy makes an early exit 

Yeah, I can’t even listen to Brown. Trying to hard to be funny instead of just calling the game. 

His references to anything from LOTR or Star Wars to the chances of relish winning is mind numbing depths of boring.  And you can tell from Palmer or McDonald’s silence afterwards if it’s not immediately obvious. 

Not funny or interesting.

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

This is what I don’t get either. What’s the criteria? It sure doesn’t make much sense.

2 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Yeah, I can’t even listen to Brown. Trying to hard to be funny instead of just calling the game. 

His references to anything from LOTR or Star Wars to the chances of relish winning is mind numbing depths of boring.  And you can tell from Palmer or McDonald’s silence afterwards if it’s not immediately obvious. 

Not funny or interesting.

Ben likes Yellowstone. Maybe he needs to reference that show. 

8 minutes ago, jdwilde1 said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oH5UPcgMWTw

So, this game happened 32 years and a day ago.  It was a wee bit more exciting than this game.

I remember Doug Vader the Angels manager still being upset over the home run call, that he was ejected turning in the lineup card to the umpires before the game started the next day. 

• Upvote 1