Fri July 16: Kansas City here we come

SteveA

27 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Ok, I'll have to look for a video clip of that later. 

The incident it’s self was a whole lot of nothing, but Thorne’s call was great. It ends with him lamenting that the Pirates are up on the Mets 2-1. Made me laugh.

We haven’t heard that much emotion that quality of voice, that choice of word, in a very long time and one of the truest indictments of the management is that they think this broadcast crew is competent.

Just now, Il BuonO said:

You missed Benintendi falling down a couple feet short of 2B on an attempted steal a couple innings back?

I did. I've tuned in about four different times, gotten disgusted and left, then returned out of curiosity.

Sorry I missed the reference. So I guess Seve managed to keep the ball in the infield that time. I did see his HR.

Teams like this version of the Orioles are evidence that there are too many teams in the majors.  It is a complete disservice to major league baseball that a team this devoid of talent should be in the same league as legitimate teams. The league is diluted and the talent gap is huge.  It is embarrassing. It is like a professional dogwalker at a CEO convention with Bezos, Zuckerberg, and Gates.

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

I did. I've tuned in about four different times, gotten disgusted and left, then returned out of curiosity.

Sorry I missed the reference. So I guess Seve managed to keep the ball in the infield that time. I did see his HR.

Yeah, he also had a ball earlier that shockingly he didn’t block when Akin was pitching. Allowed the runner to get to 3B. 

But with two extra base hits and a runner thrown out at second, I fear the Orioles will give him an extension.

?

1 minute ago, Yossarian said:

Teams like this version of the Orioles are evidence that there are too many teams in the majors.  It is a complete disservice to major league baseball that a team this devoid of talent should be in the same league as legitimate teams. The league is diluted and the talent gap is huge.  It is embarrassing. It is like a professional dogwalker at a CEO convention with Bezos, Zuckerberg, and Gates.

My dad has been saying this for years. Lot of guys that just shouldn’t be ML players.