Two-thirds of the way to a 57-win season

Frobby

Last night marked the two-thirds mark of the season and we are at 38 wins, on pace for 57.   Other notes:

- Both Mancini and Mountcastle are a little short of being on pace for ether 30 HR or 100 RBI.

- Mullins is on pace for 31 SB, 196 H, 42 2B, 27 HR, 57 walks.  How is he NOT on pace to score 100 runs?   It seems like he should be eclipsing that easily.

- None of our pitchers are on pace to throw enough innings to qualify for the ERA title.   Jorge Lopez leads in IP with 102.   He and Matt Harvey have made 22 starts each, both on pace for a full season of 32-33 starts.   

• Upvote 1

And by any metric this has been a failure of a season. From the top all the way down to the 50 or so head that has played on the field at some point this year. 

I know Elias has a plan but there's really no indication that 2022 will be any better. Slow movement in promotions at all levels, and it this point they have the same, if not more questions than entering this season.

Mullins has definitely been a bright spots in an otherwise dismal season. Also, Trey just being healthy has been great.

2 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

And by any metric this has been a failure of a season. From the top all the way down to the 50 or so head that has played on the field at some point this year. 

I know Elias has a plan but there's really no indication that 2022 will be any better. Slow movement in promotions at all levels, and it this point they have the same, if not more questions than entering this season.

Mullins has definitely been a bright spots in an otherwise dismal season. Also, Trey just being healthy has been great.

It does seem like Elias has himself a lifetime contract with the pace of this rebuild. Who are the players in AAA who look like they are ready to contribute next year? I wonder if he's going to go for the record of 100 loss seasons or at least 100 loss pace seasons in a row before a winning season?

Mullins has been the find for this season, no doubt. Mountcastle has become a fun bat to watch and of course Trey's recovery is fantastic. 

Saying all that, the Orioles will need a serious influx of talent through trades and free agency to not lose another 100 game next year.

29 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

It does seem like Elias has himself a lifetime contract with the pace of this rebuild. Who are the players in AAA who look like they are ready to contribute next year? I wonder if he's going to go for the record of 100 loss seasons or at least 100 loss pace seasons in a row before a winning season?

Mullins has been the find for this season, no doubt. Mountcastle has become a fun bat to watch and of course Trey's recovery is fantastic. 

Saying all that, the Orioles will need a serious influx of talent through trades and free agency to not lose another 100 game next year.

I've had the same thought concerning Elias this year, he seems very confident that his feet aren't going to get held to the fire with the turtle like pace of this rebuild. I get not wanting to rush prospects who aren't ready, but AR should be at Norfolk now to get him prepped for 2022. 

Skill-wise AR is easily the best catcher in the system and he could be starting for the Orioles now, but at least for this year I can understand not wanting to burn service time. 

39 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

If Elias would promotion Adley, Stowers and Grayson it would not look nearly as bad.  Baumann  is on his way.  Tyler Wells and Zimmerman in the rotation. (Urias, Martin and Mateo are a mystery that will become clearer in the next two months).