Olney on O’s losing

Sports Guy

Just now, eddie83 said:

I didn’t say the MiL system was nothing I said the major league team had nothing. It was gutted. What do Hall and Grayson have to do with the winning record of the 2021 Orioles? 

I think the people working under Peter did a damn good job under the circumstances. It ended in a train wreck fashion. You have always said they weren’t worried about the future. 

The DBacks spent a ton of money like the 97 Marlins and it worked out. I don’t get the parallel. 

I mention the DBacks because they went from literally nothing, kinda like folks are saying Elias has and made it to the WS in four years.  Year three of Elias and he's still actively not attempting to win games. 

Were the O's in a worse situation than the 2003 Tigers?  By 2006 they were in the WS.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Explosivo said:

Makes sense that you’d be supportive of a fella who never played the game, is part of the old paradigm of baseball “experts” and is negative toward the Orioles. Baseball writers would be spinning in their graves at this type of provocation from Buster and his pal Ken. They look the part too. A couple of dweebs who probably were picked last in their grade school’s kickball games. They are a couple of jokes and their insights are irrelevant to the game of baseball. If you want to know what Elias is building simply listen to three real experts in the guys at On the Verge. Orioles fans are blessed to have those guys pumping out great content on the future of the Orioles franchise.

Super classy take.

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

How exactly is Adley supposed to produce at the ML level with Elias gaming his service time?

I'm guessing Grayson would be an improvement over what we currently have on the roster as well.

All 80 innings they'd get out of him this year?

Funny, I thought the point of having prospects was to develop them in the best players they can be, not rush them to the MLs to prove how terrific the farm system was before you got here to the detriment of the franchise.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Super classy take.

It doesn’t fail to be true. They have been anointed as baseball’s experts yet I fail to see why. What’s their track record or better is it because they say the right thing, support the right teams and promote the right narratives. Being a national writer in the world of baseball makes about as much sense as being a fan of football without being a fan of a specific team. It’s antithetical and when you look at their meager stature, it’s fair to assume why. They would be the type of people who would do and say whatever to be relevant. History will not be kind on folks like that.

15 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The reaction From Os fans about a Olney saying this is hysterical.

Baltimore fans have such an inferiority complex.

Btw, more from Buster:

I gotta go but want to comment on this clip later. What he said is beyond stupid.  

12 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I gotta go but want to comment on this clip later. What he said is beyond stupid.  

Little man is angry. Uh oh guys. He HATES what we are doing while being silent when the Astros and Rays did it. Oh no guys. He has that self righteous ESPN tag in his username. He must know more than anyone else so we must all listen to him guys. Oh, wait, he isn’t a baseball exec. He doesn’t own a team. He never played. He isn’t part of the baseball world at all. He only comments on it like literally everyone who is a fan of baseball. So…why do we listen to what little man thinks?

5 minutes ago, Explosivo said:

Little man is angry. Uh oh guys. He HATES what we are doing while being silent when the Astros and Rays did it. Oh no guys. He has that self righteous ESPN tag in his username. He must know more than anyone else so we must all listen to him guys. Oh, wait, he isn’t a baseball exec. He doesn’t own a team. He never played. He isn’t part of the baseball world at all. He only comments on it like literally everyone who is a fan of baseball. So…why do we listen to what little man thinks?

You seem oddly fixated on the man's body.  You might want to get some help with that.

4 minutes ago, Explosivo said:

He wasn’t a fan of Houston doing it.

https://www.espn.com/blog/buster-olney/insider/post/_/id/49