2021 Arizona Fall League Roster (Full squad announced)

Legend_Of_Joey

1 minute ago, ChuckS said:

So one real prospect, a couple fringe guys, and a couple org guys.  This makes me curious why they decided to include Stowers with this group. 

My guess is that teams have an understanding that they will send at least one guy that would be considered an actual prospect.  Just like they probably have to send a catcher and a certain number of pitchers.

On 10/6/2021 at 1:56 PM, ChuckS said:

So one real prospect, a couple fringe guys, and a couple org guys.  This makes me curious why they decided to include Stowers with this group. 

Why would it matter who else is sent to the AZ fall League when it comes to sending Stowers? I think they see Stowers as being very close to the major leagues so the at bats they can get him the better. Personally, I think he's very underrated by some due to his high strike out totals. 

The other guy I kind of liked this year is Cameron Bishop. When he's on, he's a four pitch lefty with a FB that sits 91-93. The injury really set him back this year, but he's interesting and they may be wanting to see more of him before deciding on the 40-man roster. He's a bubble guy and a guy I'd personally protect.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Just for comparison, the 2019 squad had: Alex Wells, Dean Kremer, David Lebron, Mason McCoy, TJ Nichting and Rylan Bannon.

Pretty similar assemblage of talent if you ask me.   There’s enough there to keep me interested.   

42 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Why would it matter who else is sent to the AZ fall League when it comes to sending Stowers. I think they see Stowers as being very close to the major leagues so the at bats they can get him the better. Personally, I think he's very underrated by some due to his high strike out totals. 

The other guy I kind of liked this year is Cameron Bishop. When he's on, he's a four pitch lefty with a FB that sits 91-93. the injury really set him back this year but he's interesting and they may be wanting to see more of him before deciding on  the 40-man roster. He's a bubble guy and a guy I'd personally protect.

I'm just wondering what the thought process was.  Seems like in general, they wanted to keep their top prospects off the roster.  

1 hour ago, ChuckS said:

I'm just wondering what the thought process was.  Seems like in general, they wanted to keep their top prospects off the roster.  

Could be for rest, or nagging injuries or they want to bring them to an Instructional season camp. Most of the time, teams only send one or two “top” names anyway and pitchers don’t throw that long.

14 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

I think every year there's a lot of speculation as to who it will be and most years there's like 1-2 interesting guys and then a lot of filler.  

My only real disappointment is that Vavra isn’t on the team.  I’m guessing that means he’s still not healthy.