Joey Ortiz 2022

SilverRocket

17 hours ago, justD said:

I’m getting Ortiz’s autograph today at 3 along with Mayo. Soooo excited. This Members’ Day has been pretty cool but it doesn’t seem like any hangouters do these things. 

Although I did run into @Baroquen131

Thanks, Denise.  Please tell us more about what went on at this event.  How well attended was it?

Edited by Frobby

On 10/24/2022 at 4:09 PM, RZNJ said:

Skepticism is healthy but common sense is even better.   Ortiz was coming off of labrum surgery on this left shoulder the year before.    Watch this interview.   

There are reasons why he had a very poor first half and an off-the-charts 2nd half.   One was the shoulder getting stronger and the other was the change in hand placement which allowed him to hit the ball in the air more often.   I think you (as in anyone who believes) are missing the boat if you see both halves and think one was simply a cold streak and the other was simply a hot streak.

As a baseball player who had labrum+ surgery, I'm inclined to give the benefit of the doubt. The physical recovery is rough enough, but learning to mentally trust it is a bigger hurdle. My sincere hope is Mr. J Ortiz is coming on strong.