You get get an Upper Reserved seat for $16 for today on Stubhub

Going Underground

This will be the first non-COVID restricted opening day that I will not be attending since 2007. 

Since the Orioles turned down my press credentials for the first time ever (my first one in 2001) I've decided I will no longer attend games as a fan either.

Since the organization that I've poured hours upon hours of my time over the last 26 season thinks so little of me and this site, it tells me how little they care about their die hard fans. They just take everyone for granted.

Although I haven't made any final decisions, this is probably the last year of this site in this form. 

If they don't care about their fans, why should I continue to run a site dedicated to them?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

This will be the first non-COVID restricted opening day that I will not be attending since 2007. 

Since the Orioles turned down my press credentials for the first time ever (my first one in 2001) I've decided I will no longer attend games as a fan either.

Since the organization that I've poured hours upon hours of my time over the last 26 season thinks so little of me and this site, it tells me how little they care about their die hard fans. They just take everyone for granted.

Although I haven't made any final decisions, this is probably the last year of this site in this form. 

If they don't care about their fans, why should I continue to run a site dedicated to them?

Warehouse lurkers please wake up and fix this. Thank you. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Angelos boys and or Elias must have some thin skin. What a joke

18 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I don't know why they cancelled your credentials. That doesn't remotely make sense.  

I hope that if you do choose to resign and end OH, that offers of first-refusal are made to some dedicated board members who would like to continue it.  

When I was running gaming servers with decent revenue for what they were, and I eventually burned out and retired, I made sure to give first refusal to my top admin. He took everything over and has been a great owner.  

I'd hate to see OH totally die, but I completely understand the desire to step away from it. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, crowmst3k! said:

I don't know why they cancelled your credentials. That doesn't remotely make sense.  

I hope that if you do choose to resign and end OH, that offers of first-refusal are made to some dedicated board members who would like to continue it.  

When I was running gaming servers with decent revenue for what they were, and I eventually burned out and retired, I made sure to give first refusal to my top admin. He took everything over and has been a great owner.  

I'd hate to see OH totally die, but I completely understand the desire to step away from it. 

Seconded. While it's certainly a shame about the credentials and poor form from the O's, it would be an added shame for that to affect everyone else's enjoyment of this space. I sincerely hope you continue, but if you don't (and that would be understandable) I hope someone else gets a chance to keep it going. As long as it isn't CoC. :D

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, amdcpus said:

Angelos boys and or Elias must have some thin skin. What a joke

Wow.  I can rationalize most of the Orioles' many, many short-term decisions (the ones I learn of, anyway) as made by rich kids, who have never run a business and haven't a clue how to operate a successful baseball franchise, getting carried away by their near-term focus on jamming as much cash into their pockets as they can.

But this one I just don't get.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Wow.  I can rationalize most of the Orioles' many, many short-term decisions (the ones I learn of, anyway) as made by rich kids, who have never run a business and haven't a clue how to operate a successful baseball franchise, getting carried away by their near-term focus on jamming as much cash into their pockets as they can.

But this one I just don't get.

Tony reports on the good and bad concerning the operation of the franchise. His press pass wouldn't have been revoked if he operated as a Roch clone, but then OH wouldn't be nearly as fun. But apparently unless it's all sunshine you can't get access to the press box now.

I hope this is just an oversight by a lower rung employee and this isn't coming from senior management. 

I've lurked (and rarely posted) for 18+ years and have seldom agreed with Tony. With that said, a total classless move by the organization to give such a dedicated supporter the shaft. I have so little confidence in this organization to do the right thing and actually invest when the time is right.

• Upvote 1