My First and Probably Last Thread

Too Tall

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

Yeah I think that's a fair take on it. 

I empathize with Too Tall's frustration, but starting a thread isn't going to change folks' opinions on much. I enjoy writing about the positive stuff that I see on this board, so I try to focus on that rather than trying to tell others to be less themselves.

If you like the positive stuff, start a thread about the positive stuff. Point out why it's awesome that Felix Bautista was in high A last year and he's up here blowing dudes away. Highlight the legitimate successes and acknowledge the shortcomings. Is the reasoning for Bradish starting in AAA extremely thin? Of course it is. Etc.

Totally agree.  That has always been a very confusing thing to me on message boards over the years.  

Im going to use Wildcard as an example.  He is a positive guy.  But you know what he does?  He starts threads about the topics he wants to discuss.  He doesn’t complain that people are being negative.  He posts why he is positive.

If that’s what you like and what you want to see, then start threads.  Post more.  Bring your “positive attitude” to the site.  Sure, you are going to push back on it from some but so what.  That’s what being on a message board is all about.  WC knows that.  He welcomes that.  If you don’t want that that type of discussion, I think it’s fair to say that perhaps this isn’t the place for you to go to.

Im not saying that to be sh!tty, it’s just the truth.  We all know this is the best Os message board around.  Why is that?  Is it because everyone says the same thing?  Or because everyone thinks the same way?  No,  it’s because there are a wide range of opinions and thoughts and many of them are backed up by logic, reason, analysis and stats.  

This place would blow if you didn’t have that.  Tony would probably shut it down because, what would be the point?  

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

But there is nothing worse (in sports) when people basically tell you how you should fan.

100% right, you see this all over the place online........for me sometimes the issue is when the same people post the same (general) thing post after post after post in an attempt to either drive their point home or for humor? Hard to tell sometimes. This works both ways, though, negative vs positive. 

27 minutes ago, TWpj said:

100% right, you see this all over the place online........for me sometimes the issue is when the same people post the same (general) thing post after post after post in an attempt to either drive their point home or for humor? Hard to tell sometimes. This works both ways, though, negative vs positive. 

Let’s face it, there is only so much to talk about.  We aren’t talking about saving world here.  It’s baseball.  So yes, there are going to be a lot of repeated things because, whether people like it or not, those repeated things are valid in most discussions and those are the types of discussions you have on here.

What I really find amusing is how people say that I keep repeating myself yet they totally misrepresent what I’m saying.  So obviously, it bears repeating more because people aren’t getting it or aren’t understanding it.

Part of the problem with these discussions is you get the same group of whiners complaining about the posts and then you have a back and forth because they want to bitch and moan and misrepresent what’s being said.  That’s what most of the back and forths really come back to.

20 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

What I really find amusing is how people say that I keep repeating myself yet they totally misrepresent what I’m saying.  So obviously, it bears repeating more because people aren’t getting it or aren’t understanding it.

Oh man, how many times have you posted that Mullins needed to be traded to the Marlins?  Or Mancini to the Padres?  🤣

52 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Let’s face it, there is only so much to talk about.  We aren’t talking about saving world here.  It’s baseball.  So yes, there are going to be a lot of repeated things because, whether people like it or not, those repeated things are valid in most discussions and those are the types of discussions you have on here.

Part of the problem with these discussions is you get the same group of whiners complaining about the posts and then you have a back and forth because they want to bitch and moan and misrepresent what’s being said.  That’s what most of the back and forths really come back to.

Not suggesting you were saying I was, but I wasn't referring to you. 

Being on here should be fun. If you don't enjoy the back and forth, then lurk, but people are not going to really change unless you can change their opinions with facts, stats, or a well laid out opinion. And even then, you will probably only get them to agree to disagree. lol

There are reasons to be optimistic (The system is filled with good hitting prospects and few top pitching prospects) and there are obviously a lot of reasons to be negative. 

I for one go with the flow. If I'm positive about something, I'll be positive, if I'm not, I'm not.

I don't hold grudges if we disagree and hell, even if we get into it, I don't hold grudges. if i agree with you in another post i may give you rep or say I agree. It's never personal. 

Some people for some reason make it personal with others. Trust me, I see the reported posts and I know who doesn't like who! lol

I ding people occasionally as reminders to play nice once in awhile, but for the mist part, 99.99% of the people on here understand and abide by the rules.

Saying all that, if we ever have a good team at the major league level, I'm sure the board will swing more positive. But it's not going to be the day after last night's frustrating game that dropped the Orioles to the worse record in MLB (1-4).

• Upvote 3