The LF wall tracker

OsEatAlEast

I’m not sure how many times the new dimensions came into play tonight, but I think it was more than all previous home games combined.   There were 4-5 balls that would have been homers last year, and at least one and possibly two singles where the LF probably makes the play last year because he would have been shallower.   

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Just now, deward said:

Looks like that one was borderline with the old dimensions.

On a related note, I hope Would it dong? keeps the old park outline all year, that makes it so much easier to figure out the impact.

• Haha 1

What the game yesterday highlighted to me is how the deeper LF wall has distanced the  SS, LF and CF positions. Two pop-ups last night with decent hang time between the three that felt like they would have easily been caught last year, and they were both trouble. Mateo made one of the best plays of the year to catch one over his shoulder, and one that he hit which fell for a double.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Home runs are ok, I prefer triples.  This new left field wall is going to make more triples.

The problem is, so far, most of the balls that "would have been" home runs last year have just simply been fly outs. The hope is that teams adjust to the new wall, and realize they need more line drives at this ballpark which will result in more extra base hits. Because right now the approach is the same, and it's simply just resulting in fly outs.