Potential comp and 2nd rounder picks

Is July 17th the deadline for trading Competitive Balance picks?

One would hope Elias will try to obtain another pick by swinging a trade or two before the draft. Would really like to see a trade(s) for CLE (37) and/or SD's (39) picks. MIN (68) and MIL (72) would be other targets. One of those picks would give a 5% overage buffer of $900,000+. Taking back a contract or two could facilitate that.

Elias should charge Sig to develop a model to design a way to secure the rights to an owner who would approve of such a plan. Maybe reunite the Angelos' w/ Buck in NYC and land Steve Cohen as the return.

Well, 5 out of 14 picks in 2019 were traded. This year, so far, 2 out of 15 have switched hands. Not sure how DD was involved in any of those. Get your point though. I am surprised Elias was able to pry one away from MIA.  Just figuring, if you can do one, why not another?

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SpOkane said:

Well, 5 out of 14 picks in 2019 were traded. This year, so far, 2 out of 15 have switched hands. Not sure how DD was involved in any of those. Get your point though. I am surprised Elias was able to pry one away from MIA.  Just figuring, if you can do one, why not another?

I'd missed the part about 5 of 14.  That's unusual.

• Upvote 1