Carlos Tavera 2022

Just Regular

At what point do you move him up?  He’s already and I know his last start was terrible but otherwise, he has looked really strong.

He was a college pitcher, he is “old” And pitching in a very good pitchers park.  

I think they need to move him to AA soon and see if he is an actual prospect or not.

36 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

At what point do you move him up?  He’s already and I know his last start was terrible but otherwise, he has looked really strong.

He was a college pitcher, he is “old” And pitching in a very good pitchers park.  

I think they need to move him to AA soon and see if he is an actual prospect or not.

It’s his first full season in the minors.  No huge rush.  Halfway point of the season (end of June/start of July) would be good if he continues pitching well.  

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

That’s five shutout outings in his last seven starts, plus another where he only allowed one run.  He walked four but threw 50 of 75 pitches for strikes, a solid ratio.  

Thanks for the update. I’ll take any positive news about SP. 

What is his present pitch arsenal?

Tavera is like Bradish or Baumler for me.    Any exception to the overall Bats skew in the talent accumulation phase I figure has something rather distinctive the Organization likes.    We'll see how it plays out - by process we purposely do not get a large sample size of pitchers to see if there's any aptitude for picking good ones.

A fair chunk of the team in three years might be is if the Bradish-Tavera-Baumler guy can do many of the Hammel-Chen-Gonzalez type things to protect the aces.

4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Thanks for the update. I’ll take any positive news about SP. 

What is his present pitch arsenal?

Hard to get excited, he’s 23, old prospect wise for A ball and still needs to develop his secondary pitches. Upside might be a Braddish profile, older prospect with 4th starter upside.

45 minutes ago, Chaka Garcia said:

Hard to get excited, he’s 23, old prospect wise for A ball and still needs to develop his secondary pitches. Upside might be a Braddish profile, older prospect with 4th starter upside.

This is basically what I'm thinking too (mid/back of rotation type guy).   He seems to do a good job of keeping A+ hitters off-balance.  Hopefully, we'll see him in AA soon.