Friday night: Red Sox and reinforcements from Norfolk arrive in Baltimore

SteveA

7 minutes ago, WillyM said:

Hill pitched for the Orioles in 2009.

Interestingly, he faced the Red Sox once that season.  It was his worst outing of the year, as he gave up nine runs in 3 1/3 innings pitched.

And he did not lose the game.  That was the game where the Orioles fell behind 10-1, then came back with five in the seventh and five more in the eighth to win, 11-10.

I remember that game. It was the one with the weather delay. I waited for that rain to go away to watch the rest of the game and I'm glad I waited. 😃

4 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

We have catchers at Norfolk hitting…Cumberland & Nottingham. 

What will probably happen is Bemboom gets DFA-ed when (hopefully) Rutschman is playing for the Orioles in two to three weeks. I'd prefer they make a move sooner even if Rutschman needs more time in the minor leagues. 

5 minutes ago, Beysbol said:

With the shift gone next season, wouldn't he do well? 

4 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

I thought that as well lol

Davis has probably lost too much bat speed for him to dramatically improve even with no shift. Davis also appears to have lost a lot of his muscle the past few years. 

23 minutes ago, WillyM said:

Hill pitched for the Orioles in 2009.

Interestingly, he faced the Red Sox once that season.  It was his worst outing of the year, as he gave up nine runs in 3 1/3 innings pitched.

And he did not lose the game.  That was the game where the Orioles fell behind 10-1, then came back with five in the seventh and five more in the eighth to win, 11-10.

Ah yes I think I remember that.  We didn't even get a chance to bask in the glory of that win for 24 hours, we blew a huge lead late and lost to the Red Sox in a day game the next afternoon.