Let's be sure to welcome Dylan Bundy home this week

Aglets

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

That's how I see it. Even assuming Gausman is an upper echelon starting pitcher now. I don't think Gausman is on the level of Pedro Martinez and Greg Maddux and he's due for a correction. 

My brain wants to explode when it tries to think of an "elite" Gausman.  To many memories of alternating between good and bad Gausman every 2 or 3 starts.

55 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

That's how I see it. Even assuming Gausman is an upper echelon starting pitcher now. I don't think Gausman is on the level of Pedro Martinez or Greg Maddux and he's due for a correction. 

I'd like to believe this, but it looks like he's just on an upward trajectory.   He's not on a Maddux level for a career or even a full season but 0 walks in 31.2 innings is Madduxian.  

57 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah, if the season ended today he'd probably be the front runner.

Can't wait to see what he does against us.  

Pssh.  We won't have even our first game against Toronto until the middle of June.  So many things could be different by then. 

Adley could be here...................half of the Jays rotation could be on the IL.............in addition.............ummmmmm......Adley will probably be here?

As of now I don't exactly expect to making a similar thread for that first homecoming game (which won't even be until the 2nd half of the year).

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Honestly I think it was the injuries and subsequent loss of velo that did him in. Pre-injury Bundy seemed like he was on the fast track to the show, and for good reason. Not sure if lack of seasoning was the issue.

I'm sure it was that. I'm just alluding to two things...he jumped right into the majors and the wear on his arm at an early age.  I don't recall if he even rehabbed in the minors or had to do it with the big club. I also wasn't thrilled with how they developed Gausman, or didn't.

5 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'd like to believe this, but it looks like he's just on an upward trajectory.   He's not on a Maddux level for a career or even a full season but 0 walks in 31.2 innings is Madduxian.  

I’m trying to remember how long Koji’s streak was while he was with us.   
Edit: 34 innings to close 2010, then another 3.2 to start 2011.

• Upvote 1