Teixeira Watch: Part VII- Owner Says Sox Are Out

adjones10

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the Red Sox reportedly dropping out it makes sense to me that the Yankees are not a factor either, because I don't think they would drop out if they thought the Yankees were a player. Angels, O's, and Nats seem to be the final three if this is true. I like our chances.

You think A.J. is one of the 6-8 best pitchers in the AL??

Wat??

I can definitely name you about 12-15 AL pitchers who are better than Burnett who would make an All-Star team ahead of him next year.

OK.

The idea behind a thought experiment is to actually do the experiment.

I was reading the ESPN forums and someone posted a good point. They wondered if Maryland has a lower tax structure than any of the other states that are believed to be in contention with Tex. If so, once you are talking about money in the millions, specifically 20+ million, the taxes could amount to a lot!

Would it be logical to assume that if that is the case, Boras and Tex see that, and thus a few hundred thousand short on our part would be okay???

You think A.J. is one of the 6-8 best pitchers in the AL??

I can definitely name you about 12-15 AL pitchers who are better than Burnett who would make an All-Star team ahead of him next year.

Sabathia

Holladay

Matsuzaka

Felix Hernandez

Zach Greinke

Ervin Santana

James Sheilds

David Price

John Danks

Jon Lester

Cliff Lee

Here is 11 AL guys I would rank a head of Burnett.

That's a positive sign, but based on how things have gone, can you really fully trust anything you hear until it's confirmed where Tex is going? I can't.

No. I trust this. I would say the Red Sox are done. If the Red Sox are out, then the Yankees are not likely to be in it. That doesn't mean that Teixeira to the Orioles is a slam dunk either.

Archived