Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

Something that just doesn't make sense to me that I will throw out...

There are reports that...

- Yankees haven't talked to Boras about Tex, at least recently

- Red Sox haven't talked since Thursday

- Orioles haven't talked since Thursday

- Angels are out (pretty official)

So that just leaves the Nationals as the only team that have possibly talked to Boras since last Thursday (by whats reported). If no one is talking to him what exactly is going on?

The "reporters" know just as little about this as the rest of us, there is no way no one is talking to Boras...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
guys, the longer this thing goes, now that the Sox and Angels are out of it, the more I'm convinced he doesn't want to play here.

What's the hold up? If we have the best offer on the table and are willing to go higher, if necessary, than why haven't we heard anything, by now.

If he truly wanted to be an Oriole, like he said he did, why isn't he one?

I don't think he's coming here guys. I hope I'm wrong, but with these other teams out of the running, what's the hold up?

If he hasn't contacting McPhail bt now, I feel it's because Boras is trying to get the Redsox to reconsider or the Yankees to get in the bidding.

Either way, it doesn't sound like he is in any hurry to take our offer, to be an Oriole.

The Red Sox are not out of it

And we don't have the best offer on the table

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3787286

Two pitchers suspended 50 games - New York Yankees catcher Damian Taveras and Baltimore Orioles pitcher Ambiorix Suero were suspended for 50 games each Monday after positive tests for banned performance-enhancing substances under baseball's minor league program.

Didn't this stop with Tejada?

Which one won on Weiters?

That one was a bit of a compromise because there was a deadline, and Wieters would likely lose draft status going back to school...

The Orioles won because they didn't have to give him a ML deal and Boras won because he got his 6 million bonus...

If we were out if it AM would say something. If he didn't the fans would run him and PA out of town.

Have'nt us fans been terying to run PA out of town for years now? He just wont go, and i dont know why...he is not wanted here by many but yet, he still sticks around. Personally, I am thinking the Orioles are out of it now. I honestly hope i'm wrong but most of us know our luck is not very good when it comes to getting the big time player we want here in Baltimore.

I dont see this as negotiating thru the media. Besides, the other 2 teams already have larger offers. Why not at least match what the other teams have on the table right now? I mean, realy, where is the harm in that?

I McPhail saying the offer was flexible effectively told Boras that we're not scared of the numbers being thrown around in these reported offers.

Moreso, it also told it to us fans.

Sportcenter on Boras "Door isn't shut to Anaheim" hahahaha...like sand in the hour glass so are the days of our lives....

I'm sure that Boras and his people will take a few minutes and call Anaheim (and every other club in the league for that matter) one last time before anything gets signed.

"Mark Teixeira told Red Sox owner John Henry the other day that he has offers higher than what the Red Sox offered, but as Boston gauges the market, it's clear that club executives now must have serious doubts about that." - Buster Olney in his blog

Didn't Scott Boras tell John Henry off?

That one was a bit of a compromise because there was a deadline, and Wieters would likely lose draft status going back to school...

The Orioles won because they didn't have to give him a ML deal and Boras won because he got his 6 million bonus...

That's my point. The poster said Boras always wins.

Sometimes even he has to give in.

Archived