Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm bad at math but you're right about that. If we just add that one more year, Teixiera is an Oriole along with the news we've heard. And if the Red Sox are indeed out (I know, I know but....). And if the Yankees haven't even submitted a bid and haven't made noise.

If the FO acted swiftly we could see a presser tomorrow at 4, eh?

Just gonna come down to whether we outbid the Nats...

I seem to recall there were reports that the Nats would have to pay a premium? So if true, we don't need to outbid them.

So Boston and us? Unless Cashman is truly in stealth mode.

You can tell this is coming to an end because the information that is out there is starting to become more consistent and teams are starting to drop out. I also like our positioning as it is coming down to the wire. It appears the O's have the best offer in terms of money per year on the table. I have a hard time believing, if the only thing standing in our way is adding an eighth year and a million dollars per year, that we won't just do that to get it done.

I wonder if Tex indicated to the Angels that he doesn't want to play on the west coast (at least without a blow away offer) and that is why they officially dropped out. The national media has been saying for a couple of days now that Tex is going to start eliminating teams. This might be part of that.

If the FO acted swiftly we could see a presser tomorrow at 4, eh?

There is a lot out there right now that would make it very likely to see an offer within the next 24-hours followed by the end. Those beautiful words, Mark has agreed to terms with the Baltimore Orioles.

If the numbers are right 8/175 seems like a winner. The more time goes by, the more I believe that Teix, does not want to play in Boston. Something is holding up the Red Sox deal and you havto believe it is the allure of playing at home. I think we can all agree that the Orioles are not the boldest or most creative franchise in MLB but if we can muster up a large dose of both and drop that 8th year, this thing wil be over and the week someone speculated wouldbe the worst in Baltimore sports history could becomethe best.

Look at it this way PGA, after 11 years the Oriole fan deserves a big Christmas present. Put a bow on Tex and place him under the tree.

I do have to agree with this and I did read somewhere earlier today that Tex is on board with what Boras is selling. It went on to say that he is just about as on board as AROD was when Boras was working his deal.

We do know the following:

1. Tex wants to play on the east coast.

2. He wants a lot of money

3. His favorite team growing up was the orioles.

I believe at one point Tex even stated that if the Nats offered 200/10 he wouldn't take it. It's an interesting thought that maybe all of this is just to drive up the price of the Orioles and that he's wanted to play for them all along.

Thoughts?

You can tell this is coming to an end because the information that is out there is starting to become more consistent and teams are starting to drop out. I also like our positioning as it is coming down to the wire. It appears the O's have the best offer in terms of money per year on the table. I have a hard time believing, if the only thing standing in our way is adding an eighth year and a million dollars per year, that we won't just do that to get it done.

I wonder if Tex indicated to the Angels that he doesn't want to play on the west coast (at least without a blow away offer) and that is why they officially dropped out. The national media has been saying for a couple of days now that Tex is going to start eliminating teams. This might be part of that.

I read in many of the articles about the Angels withdrawing that Tex told them he wanted to play in the East. Period.

I read in many of the articles about the Angels withdrawing that Tex told them he wanted to play in the East. Period.

I've considered the Angels out of this one for awhile now. I don't know why anyone was concerned. He said that location was a factor and he wanted to play on the east coast.

I've considered the Angels out of this one for awhile now. I don't know why anyone was concerned. He said that location was a factor and he wanted to play on the east coast.

Concerned isn't the right word. The fact the Angels made this official is a significant development.

Archived