Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

I seriously doubt that he is going to the Nats. What do they have to offer him besides money? a lot of losing seasons. Do you honestly think they can sell themselves better than we can sell the O's? I hope not or we are in big big trouble. To lose a hometown kid like Tex to the crosstown team would be the ultimate slap in the face IMO.
They don't need to offer him anything more than money.

He's going where the most money is. Now, if the offers are very similar he might take a small amount less to go to Boston or Baltimore over Washington, but if the Nats offer either $2-3M more a year or an extra year than the others, he's absolutely going to go to Washington.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've considered the Angels out of this one for awhile now. I don't know why anyone was concerned. He said that location was a factor and he wanted to play on the east coast.

I was slightly concerned when Torii Hunter made the interesting comment he did the other day, but now I think I feel much better and like where we stand a little more.

He's going where the most money is. Now, if the offers are very similar he might take a small amount less to go to Boston or Baltimore over Washington, but if the Nats offer either $2-3M more a year or an extra year than the others, he's absolutely going to go to Washington.

We offer more per year, 1.4 million more.

Hopefully he learned from A-Rod. Taking the most money is not always wise. Texas gave him a huge contract and they were horrible. The only thing that helped him was the trade out of town. I think (and hope) Tex is smarter than that.

How long have you been reading Roch? Didn't he make all sorts of "famous" predictions these past few months and then wear egg on his face? I won't bring up the specifics out of respect to him, but his regular readers remember it.

3 or 4 years,the only thing I can think of is the Loewen thing.:scratchchinhmm:

I think Torrii Hunter was just excited about the 8/160 offer which, to me, appears like the Angels had a lower offer than expected. Because if he was like, "WOW! We really blew him this way! I'm so excited...." then shouldn't their offer have been higher?

I do have to agree with this and I did read somewhere earlier today that Tex is on board with what Boras is selling. It went on to say that he is just about as on board as AROD was when Boras was working his deal.

We do know the following:

1. Tex wants to play on the east coast.

2. He wants a lot of money

3. His favorite team growing up was the orioles.

I believe at one point Tex even stated that if the Nats offered 200/10 he wouldn't take it. It's an interesting thought that maybe all of this is just to drive up the price of the Orioles and that he's wanted to play for them all along.

Thoughts?

It really seems that it is there for the Orioles to close the deal. The one thing that is unacceptable to me is that AM and PGA let the Yankees sneak in the back door at the 11th hour and get this done. In observing the Orioles down through the past 5 or 6 years, it is easy to see they are afraid of bidding against themselves and that may have cost them Delgado and Vlad but the ceiling seems to have been defined, despite the lies of Mr. Boras. Tex has to be as tired of this as any one. Get it done Orioles!!!!!

I think the Angels dropping out makes it very unlikely that the Red Sox increase their offer. I think they are gonna make Tex decide between taking the highest offer from Wash/Baltimore or coming to them for slightly less. Fortunately for us in this case, I don't think there is any chance he takes less money to paly for anybody. He's going where the most money is. If they stick to a 8/~$175M deal, I think we can and will beat that.

Just gonna come down to whether we outbid the Nats or not if the Angels are indeed out and the Red Sox don't increase their offer.

I agree that he's going to go where the most money is and I still contend he's not going to sign anywhere until some team beats all the rest by a significant amount (extra year or whatever so that the difference in offers is at least 15-25m.) I think this continues to drag on and on and on until someone breaks and gives in to Scott.

Archived