Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

Interesting thought - -

MLBTradeRumors mentions that Boras always has a 'mystery' team involved in the process.

I've not heard a single thing about the Orioles, aside from 1) Tex may want to go home and 2) the Orioles are out of it - courtesy of our friends at ESPN.

I'm starting to believe the mystery team is the Orioles. McPhail has been very stand offish regarding it - repeatedly given non-responses when asked. Low media value, but brilliant manuevering if this was McPhail's intent.

Boras always has a "mystery" team.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it is going to get done before Christmas, we'll hear something tomorrow for a presser on Tuesday. Nobody is going to want to do anything on Dec. 24th and then most of the clubs take a break between the holidays.

So if we don't hear anything tomorrow IMO, Tex isn't signing until the New Year...

Who? the Pirates?

Like I said earlier in the evening, teams seem to be dropping like flies (except the O's :D)

NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS!!! ~Belkast

I was referring to what he supposedly said to the Red Sox brass, that a team had a deal for 8/195 (which it is now clear he was lying). I feel like he always has one of these "mystery" teams involved in his deals.:scratchchinhmm:

If it is going to get done before Christmas, we'll hear something tomorrow for a presser on Tuesday. Nobody is going to want to do anything on Dec. 24th and then most of the clubs take a break between the holidays.

So if we don't hear anything tomorrow IMO, Tex isn't signing until the New Year...

The anticipation is killing me.

I'm so giddy. :P

People need to get their Teshayura jerseys before the new years hon

Any chance that with the news of a Manny signing, that the Tex deal is possibly done. Most of the media reports were saying before that the Tex deal would hold up all FA. One, because of Tex setting the market price and also because Boras didn't want to make any other deals (taking away a possible suitor) for his top client.

Maybe we will hear something tomorrow? Didn't Tex say from the begining that he wanted to have a deal done before the Holidays.

Lets hope you are right about tomorrow, and of coarse lets hope we all hear the news we want.....Merry Tex-mas Orioles, and have a Happy New Year(s)...for the next Decade. LETS GO O'S!!!

Any chance that with the news of a Manny signing, that the Tex deal is possibly done. Most of the media reports were saying before that the Tex deal would hold up all FA. One, because of Tex setting the market price and also because Boras didn't want to make any other deals (taking away a possible suitor) for his top client.

Maybe we will hear something tomorrow? Didn't Tex say from the begining that he wanted to have a deal done before the Holidays.

Lets hope you are right about tomorrow, and of coarse lets hope we all hear the news we want.....Merry Tex-mas Orioles, and have a Happy New Year(s)...for the next Decade. LETS GO O'S!!!

The manny deal isn't done yet, but yes, i do think Tex will sign SOMEWHERE soon.

LOLOL.....just got a CRAZY thought!

The Yankees are opening a new stadium, and missed the playoffs for the first time in um-teen years....they just spent a bundle on pitching, essentially going all out and bidding against themselves for one of them, showing no restraint and no fiscal responsibility.

So, is it really beyond them to go after BOTH Tex and Manny? Getting both players would pretty much put them in the playoffs and give them a WS ring. Boras represents both of them, so whos to say he isnt trying to ship them both there!

Its a crazy thought, but honestly, I dont put ANYTHING past the Yankees.

LOLOL.....just got a CRAZY thought!

The Yankees are opening a new stadium, and missed the playoffs for the first time in um-teen years....they just spent a bundle on pitching, essentially going all out and bidding against themselves for one of them, showing no restraint and no fiscal responsibility.

So, is it really beyond them to go after BOTH Tex and Manny? Getting both players would pretty much put them in the playoffs and give them a WS ring.

Its a crazy thought, but honestly, I dont put ANYTHING past the Yankees.

With the fear of being shunned by the baseball world, I believe they will refrain.

Archived