Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But it wasn't out of context. He actually meant exactly what he said...and that's why Red Sox fans should be quarantined to New England.

Agree, but its too bad they pop up like spring weeds. No matter how much pesticides you put down, they still pop up out of nowhere.

They are even pink and green sometimes. What the hey is going on? :rolleyes:

It is lame if they aren't willing to go higher...It is lame if they put that out there as a "well, we tried" type thing and never move from it.

They know he isn't signing 7/140-150...So, are they serious about getting him and spend the extra money to do it or did they just put that out there to try and appease the fans?

We will know the answer to this very soon I am sure.

I disagree that it would be lame if they didn't go to 8/176 or whatever it takes to get him. That total is more than most of us, I believe including yourself thought should be the max given to Tex.

Yes, they know that 7/140-150 isn't getting him, but they were apparently told they'd be given a chance to beat the best offer whenever Boras and Tex decide they want to end this. So what's the hurry?

If they improve their offer to 8/170, then he ends up signing for 9/200, is that going to be better than them waiting to hear that they need to beat or match 9/200 and then saying no thanks?

Yes, I've gotten caught up in Tex mania, and would be excited if they signed him, but I'm not going to rip them if they don't give out a contract that most of us felt was too steep when we were more level headed concerning this.

Buck thinks the Mystery team is the Yankees...

Also..

"Nat's and Orioles can both win within the 8 year contract of Mark T, so why is it so important to go to a winner right now?"

We need to get Olney and Buck together!

Well the Yanks possible interest has been reported.

I think it would be difficult to have the Yanks be a mystery team anyway due to the focus on them, plus it doesn't make sense for Boras to use them in that manner imo.

How did this thread go from the anticipation of signing Mark Teixiera to a serial cannonballer to doom/gloom to Belkast's here! to the scary dreams of riding somebody?

Its called the beginning stages of dementia.

Hopefully next in line is Theo, Francona, Big Papi, Youk, etc.....

Archived