Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Angels say they're out of Teixeira sweepstakes

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-sptex1221,0,1053407.story

"The door was opened for the Yankees to jump into the pursuit of Mark Teixeira after the Angels surprisingly pulled out of the bidding yesterday.

The Angels had been considered a leading contender to sign Teixeira, but they took their offer off the table. This follows Red Sox owner John Henry's e-mail statement Thursday that said the Sox "are not going to be a factor" in signing Teixeira, based on reported higher bids, though Boston has not actually pulled its offer.

Angels spokesman Tim Mead confirmed to Newsday last night that the Angels have pulled their offer, which a source close to negotiations said was for eight years and about $160 million."

As I said, we'll know today because I don't think they'll have a presser on Christmas Eve. So it's today or the New Year...

Thats it! They are waiting to announce it because Tex is coming home to see his family for the holidays....they want to announce it and have a press conference in the warehouse!!!

Oh well, twas a nice thought! ;)

I can't beleive how all this is playing out. I will say it's fun to get on this board and here the jokes and the excitement for even thinking of Teix to sign with the Orioles. But i am starting to think if he really wanted to come to Baltimore and play would'nt it be a done deal by now? I am starting to think Teix just wants the biggest deal he can possibly get, and not worry where it is. If that is true it's just PATHETIC. i know some people will beat me up for saying this, but i mean think about it.

If your making 20mm dollars less to play in Baltimore, your hometown city would'nt he make money back in endorsements? I could be wrong and i am just asking but i feel as though if he came here he would make more total then a 175mm deal in boston or where ever.

My whole beef is the guy had said before and numerous times that he would love to play for his hometown team, or is Mr. Teixeira just after the most money in a contract?:confused: It is really starting to make me wonder....

Angels say they're out of Teixeira sweepstakes

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-sptex1221,0,1053407.story

"The door was opened for the Yankees to jump into the pursuit of Mark Teixeira after the Angels surprisingly pulled out of the bidding yesterday.

The Angels had been considered a leading contender to sign Teixeira, but they took their offer off the table. This follows Red Sox owner John Henry's e-mail statement Thursday that said the Sox "are not going to be a factor" in signing Teixeira, based on reported higher bids, though Boston has not actually pulled its offer.

Angels spokesman Tim Mead confirmed to Newsday last night that the Angels have pulled their offer, which a source close to negotiations said was for eight years and about $160 million."

Holy Yankee bias batman. How does this open doors for the Yankees and not anyone else? How does this open doors at all? The Yankees have been free to make whatever bid they want for Teixeira all this time; it's not as if the Angels we're somehow crowding out a maximum amount of bids accepted. Am I missing something, or is this just extremely biased/uneducated sports journalism? :angryfire:

I can't beleive how all this is playing out. I will say it's fun to get on this board and here the jokes and the excitement for even thinking of Teix to sign with the Orioles. But i am starting to think if he really wanted to come to Baltimore and play would'nt it be a done deal by now? I am starting to think Teix just wants the biggest deal he can possibly get, and not worry where it is. If that is true it's just PATHETIC. i know some people will beat me up for saying this, but i mean think about it.

If your making 20mm dollars less to play in Baltimore, your hometown city would'nt he make money back in endorsements? I could be wrong and i am just asking but i feel as though if he came here he would make more total then a 175mm deal in boston or where ever.

My whole beef is the guy had said before and numerous times that he would love to play for his hometown team, or is Mr. Teixeira just after the most money in a contract?:confused: It is really starting to make me wonder....

Or...maybe Tex is like most men and is letting his wife have some input here as well. :scratchchinhmm: Its not as cut and dry as people make it seem, and just because WE want this to be over doesn't mean that Tex is in a rush to make a decision.

Also, when referring to oneself, please use "I" and not "i". Just saying.

Don't waste your time wondering about it...he's after the biggest contract. He has no alliance to Baltimore.

Archived