Friday May 27: Orioles begin 5 game series in Boston, tonight exclusively on AppleTV

SteveA

Just now, eddie83 said:

She really struggles on radio play by play. TV is so much easier but she hasn’t done herself any favors. 

What really bugs me on the radio is that not only does she do a terrible job of describing what is happening in real time, which I know is hard, but she doesn't go back and clean up her mess and describe exactly what happens after the fact.

The good announcer will say something like the outfielder misplays it and the run scores, and then will go back afterwards and describe exactly WHAT the OF did wrong.  She will not even be quick enough to say the outfielder misplays it, she'll just say something like, "oh and this is going to score  a run" and then she doesn't go back after the fact and tell you what happened.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SteveA said:

What really bugs me on the radio is that not only does she do a terrible job of describing what is happening in real time, which I know is hard, but she doesn't go back and clean up her mess and describe exactly what happens after the fact.

The good announcer will say something like the outfielder misplays it and the run scores, and then will go back afterwards and describe exactly WHAT the OF did wrong.  She will not even be quick enough to say the outfielder misplays it, she'll just say something like, "oh and this is going to score  a run" and then she doesn't go back after the fact and tell you what happened.

100% correct. She also at time will use odd words to describe things. Like ball hit back to 3rd. Makes no sense. There are other odd ones. 

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I think we're still used to the bullpens of the past few years that when the pitchers  came they brought gas cans and matches. This year's bullpen is the strength of the team and they don't let games become blowouts. 

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

After Sunday I won't give up on any game early.

Oh yeah. I like how we play now. Much different feel but you knew Hyde would use the lower leverage arms. Diplan did a nice job.