Radio team going on the road to KC

SteveA

4 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Electric or hybrid van maybe.

I've hitch-hiked from KC to Philadelphia, but that was about 50 years ago and probably would be a little extreme. 

Having Newman do play by play while hitchhiking to KC and watching the game on her iPhone might degrade her play calling more than is acceptable. 

9 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Seems like a decent thread to vent on MLB...Blackout restrictions will prevent me from watching the O's this weekend from 5 hours away in OKC.

This is a longer distance than the O's playing in NY. Nice job "growing the game". 

I'll be listening to the guys on the radio. 

There is no such thing as black restrictions anymore.  You can watch any sporting you want as the internet is your friend.  

1 hour ago, spiritof66 said:

Certainly seems so. Does anybody doubt the following?

1. Relative to other MLB owners, the owners of the Orioles are far more committed to reducing their current costs of operation (and increasing the cash flow available to them) and less committed to building the long-term value of their franchise.

2. Either the Angeloses have decided to put the team up for sale shortly after Peter's death, or they believe there's a good possibility they'll be doing that within a couple of years after that event.

It would be too strong to say I “doubt” these statements.   But in the first paragraph, I don’t view cutting current costs and building long term value are always mutually exclusive options.  I don’t think, for example, that spending money on mediocre veterans to improve the team’s record by 5-10 games necessarily builds the long term value of the franchise.  Arguably, it does the opposite.   Now, I would agree that failing to send broadcasters on road trips fits into the category of cutting costs now and ignoring possible long term consequences.  But the long term consequences may be pretty insignificant for something like that.  

As to the second paragraph, I have no earthly idea what the Angelos family plans to do with respect to selling the team.  I only know that I’d be very happy if they did sell it, so long as the new owners were committed to keeping the team in Baltimore.  

https://www.beatlesbible.com/songs/

Next level would still be broadcasting from Camden, and control Paul's set list for walk-up music.   I couldn't spot a good title for Odor or Urias, but maybe the rest of it...with pitchers past and future as none of the present are that interesting.

P Grayson - Got To Get You Into My Life

P Bedard - Don't Bother Me

C Adley - Carry That Weight

1B Mountcastle - Helter Skelter

2B Odor

SS Mateo - Fixing A Hole

3B Urias

LF Hays - I'll Keep You Satisfied

CF Mullins - You Never Give Me Your Money

RF Santander - Let It Be

DH Mancini - Old Brown Shoe

8 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

https://www.beatlesbible.com/songs/

Next level would still be broadcasting from Camden, and control Paul's set list for walk-up music.   I couldn't spot a good title for Odor or Urias, but maybe the rest of it...with pitchers past and future as none of the present are that interesting.

P Grayson - Got To Get You Into My Life

P Bedard - Don't Bother Me

C Adley - Carry That Weight

1B Mountcastle - Helter Skelter

2B Odor

SS Mateo - Fixing A Hole

3B Urias

LF Hays - I'll Keep You Satisfied

CF Mullins - You Never Give Me Your Money

RF Santander - Let It Be

DH Mancini - Old Brown Shoe

Speaking of walkup music, the Angels tried to end their 13 game losing streak last night by having each member of the lineup use a different song by Nickelback as their walkup music in the game.

Boston beat them 1-0 and they have now lost 14 straight.

4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Speaking of walkup music, the Angels tried to end their 13 game losing streak last night by having each member of the lineup use a different song by Nickelback as their walkup music in the game.

Boston beat them 1-0 and they have now lost 14 straight.

Phil Nevin opening strong with that manna from heaven.

Jersey kid Trout my suspect for the player leader for that concept, right?    Can't really picture Rendon or Ohtani going like, "You know what we need..."

I might shift it to the manager depending on who Tyler Nevin's been using, but that really wouldn't be an early impression I'd been trying to make to that clubhouse.

The team will be sold shortly after PGA passes.  This sounds morbid but it’s true - it feels like everything is being setup for a sale and that they’re trying to coincide it with PGA’s passing to maximize return and limit tax impact.  This has all been said before so no new news.  PGA turns 93 in July.  I think the next thing we’ll see is settlement on the MASN front further indicating the Angelo’s desire to sell (and Lerner’s desire to sell the Nats).  No inside info - just reading articles on all of this.

• Upvote 1