Angelos Family Fued

Going Underground

11 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

The level of hysteria on the Facebook Orioles group I belong to is thru the roof.  90% of Baltimore area residents call themselves O's fans even if they haven't been to a game in years.  Sounds like this will get way worse before it gets better.

Orioles fans on Facebook typically post things like "I can't believe they haven't released Schoop, he's gone 0-for-his-last-12".  It's like you take the Hangout and scrape off the top 75% of posters.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

There is a good piece at CBS this morning. I’m on the app so I can’t link it.

Orioles owner's son sues brother, mother for control over team and alleges relocation plot

By R.J. Anderson

9h ago1 min read

Is RJ a pseudonym for Brady?  🙃

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, WarehouseChatter said:

I think Nestor Aparicio needs to do “Free the Birds 2”. Or maybe it’s “Free Lou”.  Not sure.  Was anyone else at the game in 2006 and did you partake in the events???

No, because most of us here think Nestor is a clown. (Or at least did at the time, maybe things have changed in 16 years). 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

There is a good piece at CBS this morning. I’m on the app so I can’t link it.

Orioles owner's son sues brother, mother for control over team and alleges relocation plot

By R.J. Anderson

9h ago1 min read

Completely misleading headline and post.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

As successful as the Ravens have been, I don't see any reason why a baseball team can't be profitable I. Baltimore. 

There’s a big difference between filling a stadium 8 times a year, and partaking equally in all TV revenue, vs. trying to get attendance 81 times a year and  trying to get a good bit of money from localized TV revenue.    Add in the salary cap/floor of the NFL and the business models simply aren’t comparable at all.   

That said, I certainly think it’s possible for a well-run Orioles franchise to be both profitable and moderately successful.   I say “moderately” because they play in a division with teams that are  much wealthier and/or are extremely well run.   

The team won’t move any time in the next 20 years.  Book it. 

Now, I do worry about how this internal family strife will affect the team in other ways.   I still believe in the approach  Elias has taken, but the marketing of the team and neglect of the fan base during the rebuilding years has been abysmal.  And, though I still expect to see significant payroll bumps over the next several years, this lawsuit does make me feel that the family is unclear as to the direction of the club.   

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, crowmst3k! said:

No, because most of us here think Nestor is a clown. (Or at least did at the time, maybe things have changed in 16 years). 

But please don’t playfully call him a « molester » or suffer the slings and arrows of social disgrace.  🙂

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The team won’t move any time in the next 20 years.  Book it. 

Now, I do worry about how this internal family strife will affect the team in other ways.   I still believe in the approach  Elias has taken, but the marketing of the team and neglect of the fan base during the rebuilding years has been abysmal.  And, though I still expect to see significant payroll bumps over the next several years, this lawsuit does make me feel that the family is unclear as to the direction of the club.   

The Sun did a pretty balanced article today about the Orioles moving. Almost all think it won't happen but anything is possible.Most pointed to $600 million in public money already approved, which no other city has. 

24 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Is Nestor still a thing on the radio?  Haven't heard that guys name in years.

I think WNST 1570 is technically still on the air, but it’s just podcast interview clips that Nestor records that get rerun over and over.

The Baltimore sports media is so dire that one of the loudest opposition voices we have against the Orioles is a total D-Bag.