Heston Kjerstad 2022

joelala

3 hours ago, ChosenOne21 said:

Yeah! He'll be back to hitting .470 once he gets out of that cavern that is Aberdeen

I know the “park effects” remark was a joke, but I got curious to see what Kjerstad’s outs were yesterday.   Bottom line, two strikeouts, three grounders (one booted for an error), and a soft liner to 2B.   So no, no park effects involved.  Just a bad day at the plate.  

6 hours ago, SpOkane said:

Park effects. Needs moved up to Bowie.

This probably isn't the thread for this but there has been a lot of discussion about suppressed offense at Aberdeen home games so it got me curious. Everyone talked about how Frederick was a bandbox and inflated HR totals, but the distances in Harry Grove Stadium are actually greater than at Ripken Stadium (Frederick is 325' to the corners and 400' straight away while Ripken is 310'/400' respectively). There's only about a 100' of elevation difference between the two and they obviously have the same climate...so what suppresses offense at Ripken Stadium? I assume Tony has an answer for this, and apologies for potentially derailing the overall thread.  

23 hours ago, Frobby said:

I know the “park effects” remark was a joke, but I got curious to see what Kjerstad’s outs were yesterday.   Bottom line, two strikeouts, three grounders (one booted for an error), and a soft liner to 2B.   So no, no park effects involved.  Just a bad day at the plate.  

I'm starting to get convinced that there could be lighting issues at some of the parks as well. Now I haven't watched one at bat of Kjerstad with Aberdeen yet, and I'm sure there's a bit of an adjustment period, but it does seem strange that players seem to go stone cold when they arrive in Aberdeen.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2022 at 3:15 PM, CharmCityHokie said:

This probably isn't the thread for this but there has been a lot of discussion about suppressed offense at Aberdeen home games so it got me curious. Everyone talked about how Frederick was a bandbox and inflated HR totals, but the distances in Harry Grove Stadium are actually greater than at Ripken Stadium (Frederick is 325' to the corners and 400' straight away while Ripken is 310'/400' respectively). There's only about a 100' of elevation difference between the two and they obviously have the same climate...so what suppresses offense at Ripken Stadium? I assume Tony has an answer for this, and apologies for potentially derailing the overall thread.  

On 7/15/2022 at 6:17 PM, Frobby said:

Is it obvious they have the same climate?  Aberdeen is pretty close to the water, so perhaps there’s a prevailing wind there?

On 7/16/2022 at 12:08 PM, Tony-OH said:

I'm starting to get convinced that there could be lighting issues at some of the parks as well. Now I haven't watched one at bat of Kjerstad with Aberdeen yet, and I'm sure there's a bit of an adjustment period, but it does seem strange that players seem to go stone cold when they arrive in Aberdeen.

What is foul territory like at Aberdeen?

Cowser struck out a lot at Aberdeen, Gunnar struck out a lot at Aberdeen, Kjerstad just struck out 4x, I’m wondering if Tony is right about the lighting or maybe it’s a backdrop issue. 

Granted all of that should then show in home v road splits 

2 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Cowser struck out a lot at Aberdeen, Gunnar struck out a lot at Aberdeen, Kjerstad just struck out 4x, I’m wondering if Tony is right about the lighting or maybe it’s a backdrop issue. 

Granted all of that should then show in home v road splits 

I believe Gunnar struck out a lot at Delmarva as well and Cowser started improving his strikeout numbers before his promotion.  And last nights Aberdeen game was on the road, I think.